Introduction

Elania

Hello!

My name's Alex, and I'm from Missouri. I've been on one cruise before (with Royal Caribbean) and have one more scheduled for March (also with RC). My stepfather recently reached Diamond status, and he and my mom gifted the fares for both. I dream of one day having a balcony room instead of an interior room, but I will gladly take a "free" cruise! (I still have to pay for everything other than the fare, including flying to a port b/c we're in the middle of the US, so it's only kind of free lol.)

I've been on a cruise kick these past few weeks, watching lots of videos on YouTube, reading the blog here, checking the app for deals, and shopping for essentials. Hopefully I can calm my excitement soon so that I don't have to spend the next 6 months with such eager anticipation but no reward.

This upcoming cruise I'll be with my husband, mom, stepdad, sister, her husband, brother, and his girlfriend. Unfortunately my last brother and his wife can't make it. None of us "kids" (ages 25-32) has our own kids quite yet, so I'm still enjoying the all-adult family get-togethers while they last. My husband and I are childfree by choice, but I'm sure one of my siblings will have a kid in the next couple of years.

Anyway, that's a brief intro to me and my cruising experience. I'm looking forward to seeing you all around the boards!

• 2 months later...

I just happened upon your post today.

I'm sure you'll find this site extremely helpful, as I have.  There are lots of really nice people here who are happy to answer questions and give insight.

Having once lived in the central part of the country, I can relate to the added cost and challenge of getting to a port.  Granted, it's still a necessity now and then unless we want to leave out the of same port every time we cruise.  I envy those in Florida who have so many choices.

Have a wonderful time on your cruise in March.  I'm sure you'll be very happy to escape the Missouri winter for a while!