Red Stripe Beach Vs. Bamboo Beach VIP package

Jason.H.

Wife and I are going to Jamaica for our 9/3/2017 Oasis cruise and I'm wondering if anyone has insight on which is better. I've been to red stripe beach and it was great. Nice beach, great food, and cold beer (had to purchase and was not very cheap, $5 per beer if I remember correctly). For a little more money we can book the Bamboo beach club vip which includes food and drinks and a special section of beach with nicer chairs. So with the drinks and food being included it will probably come out the same if not cheaper than red stripe beach. I guess I'm most concerned with which has nicer beach for swimming and walking and snorkel if deep enough. Red stripe beach is 29 per person and bamboo beach vip is 79 per person. Thanks for any advise!

Never been to Bamboo Beach so I can't add anything about that place.  I have been to Red stripe a couple times and always wondered if, after buying chairs, food and drinks, would a place Bamboo Beach Club would be a better option?  The main reason for me always choosing Red Stripe is it's proximity to the port.  Not a lot of options close to Falmouth.  If I remember correctly from past research, Ohco Rios is around an hour away.  If that long of a ride doesn't deter you, I'd say give Bamboo Beach a try. 

Did Red Stripe once.  It was ok, but found the food to be "snack bar" quality thrown together by low wage employees who couldn't give 2 sh**s about how good it was. Red Stripe beer is fine, but its not anything you want included like Bamboo Beach is advertised to be.  $29 gets you nothing but a shuttle ride.  Going back to the ship was a hassle too.  Very hot and only so many people fit on each shuttle, and trust me, they weren't running every 10 minutes.  If you didn't shove your way onto a ride, you were waiting another 30-45 minutes.  I wouldn't do it again..