Oasis of the Seas March 2018

Good Afternoon, 

My girlfriend and I recently booked our first cruise together on the Oasis of the Seas this upcoming March. We were looking at the specialty dining options and found a few restaurants we would really like to try. We were curious though if you were able to select the restaurants ourselves, or is it more luck of the draw and you get what you get. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Here's an overview of the dining packages: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/01/28/spotlight-royal-caribbean-dining-packages

It will depend on what package you book, which if you are planning on more than 1 dinner it is much more economical, on the larger packages they book the first dinner for you, either the first night or second night. When you board the ship you can change this at one of the restaurants.

I find the more dinners you book, the more the pkgs make sense.  However, it you book a lower cost restaurant like sabor, the value goes down.  It's a tradeoff--if you want exact plans ahead of time, then you need to book separately.  If you can be flexible, and don't mind handling reservations when you get on the ship, then you can totally save with the pkgs.  My understanding is that you pretty much can get what you want onship if you board early and go right to dining to book stuff.  Make sure you have a list of the shows you have booked so that you don't schedule conflicts with dinner.  Have a great cruise...I had oasis booked for march and switched to freedom....look forward to trying the oasis class restaurants sometime!  Jane