What time for the show?

EM1016

I've mostly been on DCL, where show times are specifically spread opposite dinner and dinner tends to run fairly long, so I'm not sure...
Our dinner time is listed as traditional dining at 7:45. I can now see activities in the app and it's showing the evening theater show at 7:00 and 9:15. Do we go at 7:00 and be a bit late for dinner or will we be done with dinner in time for the later show?

I found our dining to be much faster this year with the new MDR menu (they streamlined it and have fewer options, if you are unaware coming from DCL). We were often in and out in around an hour, although we do early dining - I'm not sure if there is regularly a long wait for the last seating after the MTD (my time dining, flex dining) people eat. The year before, it could easily have taken us 1.5+ hours to finish. If you don't mind going to the show late, I'd say that is your better option.

Can you make a reservation for the show you want to see? If you are on a full, busy ship at a peak cruising time, everything could potentially take longer. What ship and sailing are you on? Our waiter also always asked us if we were trying to make a show this year and I assume would have hurried our food a bit more if we had said yes. Early dining has been often bumped earlier on some ships/sailings (last year on Allure it was 5-5:15pm arrival) so I would guess some of the early diners would end up at the 7pm show.

1 hour ago, jbrinkm said:

I found our dining to be much faster this year with the new MDR menu (they streamlined it and have fewer options, if you are unaware coming from DCL). We were often in and out in around an hour, although we do early dining - I'm not sure if there is regularly a long wait for the last seating after the MTD (my time dining, flex dining) people eat. The year before, it could easily have taken us 1.5+ hours to finish. If you don't mind going to the show late, I'd say that is your better option.

Can you make a reservation for the show you want to see? If you are on a full, busy ship at a peak cruising time, everything could potentially take longer. What ship and sailing are you on? Our waiter also always asked us if we were trying to make a show this year and I assume would have hurried our food a bit more if we had said yes. Early dining has been often bumped earlier on some ships/sailings (last year on Allure it was 5-5:15pm arrival) so I would guess some of the early diners would end up at the 7pm show.

Thanks! We're on Vision, so small. And, it's just me and my mom, so we'll be able to move around quickly as there's only two of us to make decisions, etc. 
I had seen about the change in the menus (we've done one other RCCL) and am interested to see how that is. 

21 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Also the shows aren't that long, so if it starts at 7pm, then it will be over before 7:50 or 8.

That's what I was thinking looking at the schedule. If we end up with a table just for us, I'd do that. If we end up sharing, I would feel a little bad if we show up late.

1 hour ago, EM1016 said:

That's what I was thinking looking at the schedule. If we end up with a table just for us, I'd do that. If we end up sharing, I would feel a little bad if we show up late.

It will be fine. That's the thing about being on a ship, the staff and guest know things are going on and sometimes you will be a little late or have to leave a little early.