Renting a Car in Juneau with Turo

mills10

Thinking about renting a car in Juneau for our cruise next summer and in my google research came across Turo.  Never used this service before.  It looks like Airbnb but for cars.  Does anyone have experience using Turo in Juneau? If so would you recommend it?  Or does anyone have other recommendations for car rental in Juneau? 

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've never used Turo in Juneau, but I've used it many times in other cities. It's exactly what you described - an Airbnb but with cars. In my experience, the host will leave the car parked wherever I've asked (sometimes there are additional fees for this). Some have the option of unlocking the vehicle via an app when I arrive, others just leave the vehicle unlocked with the key hidden in the car. I then return the car to either the same location or a different, pre-arranged location.

My only suggestion would just be to read the reviews of your host & inspect the pictures of the vehicle very closely before reserving a vehicle. I've always had good luck and been very pleased so far. And, it's almost always cheaper than a rental car.

2 hours ago, Stephanie said:

I've never used Turo in Juneau, but I've used it many times in other cities. It's exactly what you described - an Airbnb but with cars. In my experience, the host will leave the car parked wherever I've asked (sometimes there are additional fees for this). Some have the option of unlocking the vehicle via an app when I arrive, others just leave the vehicle unlocked with the key hidden in the car. I then return the car to either the same location or a different, pre-arranged location.

My only suggestion would just be to read the reviews of your host & inspect the pictures of the vehicle very closely before reserving a vehicle. I've always had good luck and been very pleased so far. And, it's almost always cheaper than a rental car.

Thanks!