No dining package and the chairs.

jayboy82

So first time on RCL. Going on Serenede OTS come next year. 9 night in the Caribbean. Booked direct with RCL and i was told because its a long cruise there is no dining package. Is that right? Also im built big and with a big frame. Sometimes chairs with arms can dig into me. Does the MDR have options? Or the Windjammer? Just trying to find options.  Thanks.

I am 6'5" and large and have had no problem with chair comfort.  I am also on a segment of the World Cruise on the Serenade.  This is a strange and unique cruise in that my segment has only one seating in MDR (my segment is 7:30 only).  I have never been on another RCL cruise with only one seating.  The Windjammer should still be open for extended hours with no seating times or reservations required in the operational hours.

Serenade has a mixture of armed chair and non-armed chairs in both the MDR and the Windjammer. Non-armed were trickier to find in the Windjammer, but they did exist. That said, the chairs are reasonably large even with arms, so if you get stuck with one, it isn't as tight a fit as typical restaurant chairs can be. 

4 hours ago, Doug_Texas said:

I am also on a segment of the World Cruise on the Serenade.  This is a strange and unique cruise in that my segment has only one seating in MDR (my segment is 7:30 only). 

Which segment are you on with only the one seating? We’re doing the final segment Amsterdam to Miami and thought we had an early seating scheduled.