xSAILEDx Freedom Of Seas - Oct 30, 2023 - Nov 3, 2023 (4 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)

Decided to burn my FCC on this sailing.  Cannot beat a freebie.  Well minus taxes and gratuities lol.  I was going to buy a case of water until I found that RC wanted to charge me $7.37 in gratuities for something that no one was serving me.  I ended up declining to complete the purchase.   It was understandable for the soda package because even though you serve yourself at the machines, you can still use it to get soda at bars.   Just not okay with the bottled water.

On 8/26/2023 at 11:16 PM, 1102Cruiser said:

Just finalized my booking and reserved my excursion for Cococay! This will be my first Royal cruise... So I'm excited. Anyone else going on this?

I was there in the spring.  Got a floating cabana.  It was a lovely day.  Just need to be careful with your food  Theft is a problem on the island.  The thieves being the dang seagulls  lol.  They are very opportunistic. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is nothing wrong with the ship.  In theory.  I wasn't a fan of them making an absolute mess of the promenade every night which makes it nearly impossible to get to the bars and shops.  RC needs to be mindful of the bottlenecks in the promenade and quit staging events there.  It ruins the experience for everyone else on behalf of one event and a group of people.   Not a fan of the reduced menu in the MDR.  If you don't like what is being served, you are pretty much limited to the low quality food served in the Windjammer.  My opinion on the quality.  To me it is nothing more than Golden Corral quality.  And I don't go out of my way to go there either because of it.  They canceled my only excursion in Nassau and they canceled Perfect Day completely.  The entertainment onboard was okay.  It isn't the same level you get on the Oasis class ships on a 7 night.  Again it was okay.  Not terrible but not really memorable either.  I was disappointed in the lack of onboard comedy.  That is always fun.  Showing movies out on the pool deck at night is a nice try, but it really isn't a good place to watch something.  Too many obstacles or uncomfortable seats.  The main theater is a better spot for that and I think there were a couple films shown there. 

I'd treat that 3 night as a great escape from the house.  If you happen to have fun then that is a plus.  The whole travel experience seems like too much work for me for a 3 or 4 night.  If I lived in Florida near a port, it might change my view.  But to fly in, stay the night somewhere, and do a 3-4 night -- I'd probably pass in the future.  I'm not a fan of the city size ships like the Oasis class ships, but they do provide something that ships like FOS cannot.  They come with much better entertainment packages.

I do want to say that Playmakers is a must visit if you love chicken wings like I do.  You cannot beat 50 for $29.99 anywhere.  Outside of Italian night in the MDR, Playmakers was my favorite dining experience.  I looooove wings 🙂  The hotter the better.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Freedom Of Seas - Oct 30, 2023 - Nov 3, 2023 (4 Night Bahamas & Perfect Day Cruise)