Resort near Falmouth Jamaica

CruiseMsclDad

Hi guys Mitch here!

One of my ports on the Mariner is the port of Falmouth, Jamaica. Since this is a working trip, I really want to relax during this visit, so I was listening or reading not sure which to The RC Blog, and Matt mentioned a day pass, I think he was referring to hotels during layovers, great idea! I thought of applying this to my trip to Jamaica.

My wish list includes a beautiful beach, availability of a massage or a spa, and good food and drink. Here is a list of resorts:

Iberostar Rose Hall

Jewel Paradise Cove Beach Resort PLUS SPA

Hilton Rose Hall

RIU Reggae

RIU Montego Bay

Has anyone had any experience with these properties?

Thank you,

Mitch

Toured this resort last time I was in MB. It is a low budget party resort. Very run down facilities and the food was awful. The beach was nice, but was crowded with over-served loud and obnoxious 20-something year olds. Yes, I know I just sounded like the “Get off my lawn” old guy, but relaxing just isn’t the word I would use to describe that place. 
While I didn’t formally tour either one, both of the Rose Hall resorts appeared at a superficial glance much nicer and more relaxing, even though the Hilton one is a “family” resort.

1 hour ago, Ryan79 said:

Toured this resort last time I was in MB. It is a low budget party resort. Very run down facilities and the food was awful. The beach was nice, but was crowded with over-served loud and obnoxious 20-something year olds. Yes, I know I just sounded like the “Get off my lawn” old guy, but relaxing just isn’t the word I would use to describe that place. 
While I didn’t formally tour either one, both of the Rose Hall resorts appeared at a superficial glance much nicer and more relaxing, even though the Hilton one is a “family” resort.

Thank you ! All I want is just nice quiet blue beach, and just you know kind of want to be left alone for a bit. Do you mean "family" as in its not adult only resort?
Thanks!

8 hours ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

Do you mean "family" as in its not adult only resort?

Correct, but I would still recommend it WAY before over RIU MB anyday of the week. Don’t have an image of dozens of toddlers running around like a Disney resort. It’s not like that at all. 

• 7 months later...