Drink packages - European cruise drink pricing in euros - symphony of the seas

Dean285

Hi 

I’m trying to decide whether the refreshment package is worth it for me vs a la carte. Google searches only seem to bring back drink prices in USD.  I’ll be sailing from Barcelona so imagine all drink pricing will be in Euros.  The Refreshment package is quoted as 33.17 Euros/day  (about 48.00/day Canadian)- so once I know the euro pricing for drinks I’ll know if it is worth it.

Does anyone know Euro pricing on symphony of the seas for:

Soft drinks at venues  (not from freestyle machines)

Bottled water 

Premium coffee i.e. lattes, iced coffees, cappuccinos, etc

Frozen mocktails

Cranberry and soda mixed drinks

Johnny rocket milkshakes 

Also..  any clarification on the following would be appreciated..   

What brand bottled water is part of the “refreshment package” the reason I ask is I thought I saw on some other blog that Evian water is not part of the refreshment package — hopefully it isn’t Dasani.

Doesn’t appear that canned soft drinks are part of the refreshment package - but wanted to confirm.  Seems it’s either served in a glass at a venue, or from the freestyle machine.  Is there a way to bring canned pop back to your room with this package?

I‘m  assuming it won’t be a problem to bring bottled water to the room from any of the venues with the refreshment package - but wanted to confirm.  Still don’t understand why RCCL doesn’t comp bottled water in ocean balcony rooms for mere mortals with pre-gold status.  Most hotels seem to provide that amenity — don’t know why it’s such a challenge for RCCL to do the same.  I know there  is a package for bottled water that will be ready in your room but refuse to spend 26.95 Euros (about 40 bucks Canadian) for 12 or 24 bottles of water - and that is the “sale” price! The regular price is about 45 Euros (65.00 Canadian).  Seriously? For bottled water?  Even the app can’t seem to decide whether its 12 or 24 bottles - at the checkout phase it states 12 or 24 bottles but one price and no way to choose 12 or 24 lol.  Regardless — I ain’t paying 40 bucks for that.  Simply ridiculous pricing.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Dean

Hi @Dean285 and welcome to the boards.

First off, the official currency on board Royal's ships is the USD so all onboard prices are in that currency regardless of sailing in Europe.

You should be able to find the prices of specific drinks in the bars and lounges tab on the app. If you're not familiar with the app, let us know and we can explain how to do this.

Water on the refreshment pack may be bottles or cans and the brand may depend on what's available locally. On our recent Norway cruise we had bottles (can't remember the brand but pretty sure it wasn't Dasani), whereas on our last Med sailing it was in cans (again can't remember the brand but think it was an Italian one). Either way, there's no problem taking some back to the room with you. I don't know about pop, I'm afraid.

As for the pre-paid water packages, I have heard but can't say from first-hand knowledge that you can buy them more cheaply by going into the "gifts and gear" on your cruise planner as opposed to the beverages tab. Also on that tab and in case you might be interested, there is a very nice cooler bag offered that can be bought with a variety of "fillings". The cheapest one comes with water and, if you get it during a sale, is priced at around $23. I love mine. I can't remember how many bottles were in it; I want to say maybe 8 half litre ones (some generic brand).

On the app, I already had the problem for water: impossible to choose the quantity (12 or 24). However, on the cruise planner of the website, you can choose. It is possible to cancel purchases (refund within a few days) if there is a promotion and immediately order the new price.
On the boat, all prices are in $