Is Southampton going to get a 3rd ship based there

I have just read this article  http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/277322/big-interview-michael-bayley-president-and-chief-executive-of-royal-caribbean-international anyone have any news on if we will get a Quantum Plus Ship or a different ship based at Southampton with the Indy and Navigator in 2019. 

Interesting. Many ships do start out in Southampton before moving elsewhere. However, a Quantum class ship would have a longer sailing window out of the UK as it's a good cold weather ship. It would also be a good response to MSC's new builds as their Oasis-like clone is set to sail from North America (likely Miami) in 2019. 

8 hours ago, RoyalLaker said:

That's too bad.  I might have to book her before she heads over (if they do a few sailings in the US first like they did with Quantum).

On Wednesday, June 28, 2017 at 1:12 AM, DAVE(Darkcabbie) said:

I have just read this article  http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/277322/big-interview-michael-bayley-president-and-chief-executive-of-royal-caribbean-international anyone have any news on if we will get a Quantum Plus Ship or a different ship based at Southampton with the Indy and Navigator in 2019. 

I'm still going to keep everything crossed that we get a Q plus ship or any class to be honest as it really would be good to get that 3rd ship based at Southampton.

16 hours ago, J_Keeble said:

hmmmm I wish it would be out of Harwich which is on the east coast of England

Hi J_Keeble , Harwich is a good port and I'm suprised that more cruise lines don't use it but I think that is because a few lines may now have their eye on London Gateway Port which has deep water births , leads straight out to the North Sea and has easy access to traffic and from what I hear they are about to start 2yrs of road construction with wider roads and more junctions so is this maybe all gearing up for future cruise traffic flow. Also Enderby Wharf Cruise Terminal  in Greenwich is due to open this year and will serve all Viking Cruises Ships but won't be able to take I'm guessing Cruise Ships over 65000 tonnes as the water is shallower and the Thames is very narrow at points. I think these are front runners because you can get into London in 25 minutes  by car or coach.