When to engage a Travel Agent

SteveM

My wife and I have been doing a cruise every 5 years since our 10th anniversary, the next cruise is planned for Oct, 2026 which will be our 35th.  We have a savings account specifically for this reason that we put money into every month and by the end of the 5 years, when it comes cruise time in October, we get to have a nice vacation.  The thing I am noticing just doing some "Moch Bookings" to get an idea of the cost, is a lot of the rooms are already sold out 21 Months in advance.  My question is...  When is a good time to engage a Travel Agent so I don't miss out on the Grand Suite room location we want if my cruise is not until October of 2026?

18 hours ago, SteveM said:

My wife and I have been doing a cruise every 5 years since our 10th anniversary, the next cruise is planned for Oct, 2026 which will be our 35th.  We have a savings account specifically for this reason that we put money into every month and by the end of the 5 years, when it comes cruise time in October, we get to have a nice vacation.  The thing I am noticing just doing some "Moch Bookings" to get an idea of the cost, is a lot of the rooms are already sold out 21 Months in advance.  My question is...  When is a good time to engage a Travel Agent so I don't miss out on the Grand Suite room location we want if my cruise is not until October of 2026?

Well, as of now you can't even see cruises on Royal past Early 2025...so you'd probably have to wait until at least the end of this year when the rest of 2025 and early 2026 shows up. Not sure how early you can plan out for a cruise 3.5 years down the road...but I don't think it's any time soon. Unless you meant to type 2025...THEN you should be able to start planning that toward the end of this year, and I'm sure it's never too early to get the TA involved

Edited by ScottD

Unless you meant to type 2025...

No, I meant 2026. 🙂  

I like to plan ahead.  I'm thinking someone knows "who's in the know" when these schedules will come out and knows when things can be booked.  I can easily set an appointment in my calendar to remind me to contact an agent. Is the schedule always release 21 Months in advance?  I am getting that number from how far ahead I can see as of today (April 2025).  If this is true, that would mean May 2025 will become available Aug 1st.?  Purely guessing...  But if I use that logic, then Oct 2026 bookings should open up in February 2024.

As I said, I don't want to miss out on the good locations on the ship.  It seams the Middle sells out fastest as that's where I am guessing most want to be.   Or is this more of a "Ticket Master" like scenario and us common folk, can't get them fast enough?

23 minutes ago, SteveM said:

No, I meant 2026. 🙂  

I like to plan ahead.  I'm thinking someone knows "who's in the know" when these schedules will come out and knows when things can be booked.  I can easily set an appointment in my calendar to remind me to contact an agent. Is the schedule always release 21 Months in advance?  I am getting that number from how far ahead I can see as of today (April 2025).  If this is true, that would mean May 2025 will become available Aug 1st.?  Purely guessing...  But if I use that logic, then Oct 2026 bookings should open up in February 2024.

As I said, I don't want to miss out on the good locations on the ship.  It seams the Middle sells out fastest as that's where I am guessing most want to be.   Or is this more of a "Ticket Master" like scenario and us common folk, can't get them fast enough?

They are released in large ranges, so around November or December of this year, the rest of 2025 and most of 2026 will all be released in one shot.