Seattle Pier 91- Ovation of the Seas Sept 1st - Power scooter question

I am looking to rent a power scooter for my mother for this cruise and have found out that each company does things a bit differently. One has a rental booth to pick up the scooter so it can be used while going through the boarding and embarkation process and another has it delivered directly to your stateroom so it's there when you get on. And still others have other ways to get the customer and the scooter together somewhere at Pier 91.

My mom could definitely benefit from the scooter on the long walk from the check in area, up the ramps, and finally onto the ship so the rental booth seems like a good solution. I'm sure there are wheelchairs available if we choose to go with the 'cabin delivery' company... But how easy is it to get a wheelchair for boarding all the way up to the room before returning it?

Anyways, just hoping to get a few tips on the easiest way to access a power scooter with minimal possible 'issues' to worry about.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, RCShawn said:

I am looking to rent a power scooter for my mother for this cruise and have found out that each company does things a bit differently. One has a rental booth to pick up the scooter so it can be used while going through the boarding and embarkation process and another has it delivered directly to your stateroom so it's there when you get on. And still others have other ways to get the customer and the scooter together somewhere at Pier 91.

My mom could definitely benefit from the scooter on the long walk from the check in area, up the ramps, and finally onto the ship so the rental booth seems like a good solution. I'm sure there are wheelchairs available if we choose to go with the 'cabin delivery' company... But how easy is it to get a wheelchair for boarding all the way up to the room before returning it?

Anyways, just hoping to get a few tips on the easiest way to access a power scooter with minimal possible 'issues' to worry about.

Thanks!

There is usually wheelchair assistance at the pier (have only used it at Bayonne, so can't speak to anywhere else), but they usually only bring you onto the ship and leave you there. Depending on what time you board, your room might not even be available, so you wouldn't be able to fetch the scooter right away. Also, they won't let you keep the chair because they need it for other passengers. We used this service in March on Anthem. DH and I (I can walk, just bad knees so don't like to walk too far), got something to eat and just hung out til they announced the cabins were available. Then he went to our cabin and rode the scooter back to me. If that's not an option for your mother, I would suggest you use the company that has pier side delivery 

@MaryCS62 - Thank you... This was excellent infor... I was able to secure wheelchair assistance upon arrival through RC guest services... My mom is similar to you in that she is able to get around pretty well just not over long distances... So once we get her onboard and they take the wheelchair back we will look for a place to sit down and relax while we wait for the cabins to be ready... Perfect... Thank you!

We used Scootaround there in June. It was nice because we picked it up at a tent by the cruise terminal. I was allowed to go with my wife through a separate security line. It was fast and easy. We also didn't have to wait until we could get into our room to use it.