Grand caymans

a jones

16 hours ago, a jones said:

What is a good beach/ day club in grand caymans? Heard of 7 mile beach and governors beach but I would like recommendations from people who have actually been to a good off the ship activity 

I know it's not quite you asked, but if you've never done it, I highly suggest doing Stingray City while in Grand Cayman.  Is it touristy as all get out?  You bet.  But it's also incredibly cool to be standing out in the ocean with no land in sight while feeding and snorkeling with stingrays as far as the eye can see.  It's been a hot minute, but the last time I went to Grand Cayman there were several excursions that combined a trip out to Stingray City then time at a beach club offered both through RCI and independent vendors.  We went out on the boats early then spent the late morning/early afternoon on 7 Mile Beach and were dropped off at the tender dock at the end of the day.  Loved every minute of it.

21 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

I know it's not quite you asked, but if you've never done it, I highly suggest doing Stingray City while in Grand Cayman. 

Second this recommendation. The stingrays are among the top 2 things to do in GC if you are not a SCUBA diver.

The other top one is snorkeling and you can do that for free…and you can walk there !  Turn right as you go out of the compound and walk down the street/beach until you see a building with a blue roof - Paradise.  If you bring your own gear, no charge, or you can rent gear from them.  If you order something to eat or drink you can even use their tables and chair (covered area) while you’re swimming.  Lots of big fish and an occasional nurse shark.