Port of Miami

MDT127

I’m back again with another question… Thank y’all so much for being so kind and helpful with us and these basic details of the cruise!! My question today is for according to some in our group they are reading that Port of Miami  parking garage opens at 11a. We’re hoping to get the 10:30a checkin time. So some are concerned they can’t get into the garage until later. Is this accurate? I can’t see this being the case but thought I’d ask. Thank you in advance!

I have not parked there; I have taken Uber to the port but...

According to the port authority the lots open at 6 am on Cruise days.  see link PortMiami - Parking & Transportation - Miami-Dade County (miamidade.gov)

Parking at the port is expensive ($25).  There are some with shuttles at half the price.   see link Port of Miami Cruise Parking Coupon | Safe Cruise Parking

19 minutes ago, Traveling Mike said:

I have not parked there; I have taken Uber to the port but...

According to the port authority the lots open at 6 am on Cruise days.  see link PortMiami - Parking & Transportation - Miami-Dade County (miamidade.gov)

Parking at the port is expensive ($25).  There are some with shuttles at half the price.   see link Port of Miami Cruise Parking Coupon | Safe Cruise Parking

Great thank you so much!! We were wondering if it had something to do with allowing time for the people disembarking to “clear out” to reduce congestion? 

We drive to the parking garage in PoM and have never known the garage to be closed.  We always arrive early and have always been able to get in.  Advice:  arrive between 9-9:30.  If you come too early, you will be caught in the onslaught of people coming out and may have a problem finding a convenient parking space.  If you arrive much later than that, you will be caught in the onslaught of people coming INTO the parking lot and may also have a problem finding a convenient parking space.  9-9:30 seems to be the sweet spot....the "lull" if there is such a thing on turnaround day.