Sitka Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest questions

pettek24

We are booked on the Sea Otter & Wildlife Quest in Sitka, AK through RCL in September and want to get any thoughts & opinions on this excursion.  Does anyone know if at the end of the excursion, they take you back to the dock or will they take you into town?  Just wondering if we would need to catch the shuttle to town after the excursion because I'm not sure time will allow.

Thanks!

We did the otters raptors and bears tour. At the end the bus driver gave us the option of going to town or the ship. Our bus elected the ship because it was only 30 minutes until the last shuttle back. So it might depend on the driver, what time it is, and what the group consensus is. 

Hi, i did Alaska in 2022.  If you're booked with RCL shore excursions, they will get you back on the boat.   Depending on how much time you have available after the tour, either you get dropped off at the main bus terminal or the excursion driver will take you to port.   With RCL you don't have to worry.   Enjoy your trip - hopefully you see a whale.  

• 5 months later...

Just curious what you found out on your cruise. Where did they pick you up/drop you off for this excursion? We have this booked for next August and I would like to check out the town before our excursion if possible. 

• 3 weeks later...

If you have the option take the ride to town. There are some great shops all within a few blocks, and a beautiful church to see. Visit the Alaska Pure Sea Salt Company and bring a jar home. Their flavors go well with a few grains on grilled salmon.