Cruising with a 2 year old and 3.5 year old, what to do?

HunterStraw

My wife, son and I are going on a cruise Sept 29, 2024 with my mom, sister and niece. My son will be 2 (we actually depart on his birthday, exciting!) and my niece will be 3.5 at the time of sailing. Looking at the excursions, there's not much that is toddler friendly. I've heard that you pay for a day pass on the local beaches. Is that true? Or what do you guys recommend? We are going to Roatan, Costa Maya and Cozumel. My wife and I have been to these places on our previous two cruises but that was when it was just us two and no kids were in the picture.

You could get a day pass somewhere and that would be fun for them.  You can also, if you want to do something more strenuous, have them in Adventure Ocean while you are out.  You could also, if you don't care for the ports, just stay on the ship and enjoy more exclusivity on the activities there with the kids.

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

You could get a day pass somewhere and that would be fun for them.  You can also, if you want to do something more strenuous, have them in Adventure Ocean while you are out.  You could also, if you don't care for the ports, just stay on the ship and enjoy more exclusivity on the activities there with the kids.

My wife and I have been to these ports a couple times, and while they're great, we'd be ok staying on the ship. But this is my mom and sisters first cruise so I'm sure they'd want to get off and explore.