Making a 10:35 a.m. flight out of FLL post cruise?

KMSP17

Looking at booking flights for our December cruise on EQ.  Here are some details. It would be Port Everglades, on a Tuesday in December, ship arrival is listed as 7:00 a.m. Only one other ship in port that day (HAL Zandaam)

We would be checking luggage. We have Global Entry/TSA Precheck

It might be tight, and we'd have to do self-assisted, but my gut feeling is we could make it. We've been there in time to make a 9:30 a.m. flight before, and that was on a Saturday, with like six ships in port.

What are your thoughts?

I wouldn't recommend it, but it is probably doable.  Ft. Lauderdale airport is very close to the cruise port.

However, debarkation is sometimes delayed for any number of reasons.  Also, the airport can be very busy.  Therefore, there won't be any wiggle room if something goes wrong.

1 minute ago, steverk said:

I wouldn't recommend it, but it is probably doable.  Ft. Lauderdale airport is very close to the cruise port.

However, debarkation is sometimes delayed for any number of reasons.  Also, the airport can be very busy.  Therefore, there won't be any wiggle room if something goes wrong.

I was hoping since it would be a Tuesday in December, during a non-holiday week, that maybe it wouldn't be so busy. 

• 2 weeks later...

We disembarked Adventure OTS on 6/17/23 (Saturday) in Ft. Lauderdale and had no problems catching a 10:45 flight at FLL.  Now we did have the Key and that allowed us early exit from the ship.  We left or cabin at 6:45, had breakfast, waited in the Key lounge waiting area and disembarked the ship around 8am.  Walked to pick up our luggage then through security with no issues (did not need passports because they have facial recognition) then straight to a waiting taxi.  We were at the airport by 8:30am and had no issues catching our flight.  With all this it can be done if you make extra effort to disembark as early as possible and do not wait on a bus to get you to the airport.