Wonder of the Seas - May 12, 2024 - May 19, 2024 (7 Night Eastern Caribbean & Perfect Day)

Hi everyone! I didn't see a thread open for this date/itinerary, so wanted to see who all will be on this one! Super excited to try Wonder! We've been on Symphony twice and loved everything about it, so definitely excited to try the new dining options like the Mason Jar and Giovanni's. Would love to see what people's plans are and what some tips/tricks there are to Wonder if anyone has been on it before.

On 5/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, spacejam_on_vhs said:

Hi everyone! I didn't see a thread open for this date/itinerary, so wanted to see who all will be on this one! Super excited to try Wonder! We've been on Symphony twice and loved everything about it, so definitely excited to try the new dining options like the Mason Jar and Giovanni's. Would love to see what people's plans are and what some tips/tricks there are to Wonder if anyone has been on it before.

Thanks for setting this up.  We're huge Oasis class fans and this will be our first Wonder OTS trip.  Previously, we've been on Allure and Harmony.  Just sailed on Odyssey and it wasn't our favorite mostly because we missed Central Park, Studio B and the AquaTheater however the Two70 theater (and show) on Odyssey is spectacular.

Giovanni's was on Odyssey.  I did not get to eat there but my sister did for lunch and she's still raving about how good the food and wine is.  I stopped by Giovanni's bar several times for the sangria.  It was just better than anywhere else on the ship.

Also looking forward to the Mason Jar!

• 7 months later...

We booked this sailing at NextCruise when we were on Oasis last year on an Easter sailing.  It was a chance for us to rebook a sailing on a different Oasis class ship for others in our party that bowed out of sailing during the pandemic.  We'll have a 1st time cruiser in our group.

Didn't realize that we are sailing on Mother's Day when we picked it...just like we didn't realize we were sailing on Easter on Oasis 😄 

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2023 at 2:45 PM, naturejessie said:

Thanks for setting this up.  We're huge Oasis class fans and this will be our first Wonder OTS trip.  Previously, we've been on Allure and Harmony.  Just sailed on Odyssey and it wasn't our favorite mostly because we missed Central Park, Studio B and the AquaTheater however the Two70 theater (and show) on Odyssey is spectacular.

Giovanni's was on Odyssey.  I did not get to eat there but my sister did for lunch and she's still raving about how good the food and wine is.  I stopped by Giovanni's bar several times for the sangria.  It was just better than anywhere else on the ship.

Also looking forward to the Mason Jar!

We sailed Odyssey in Dec 2022 - nice ship but once you come off an Oasis class ship, the Quantum and Quantum Ultra just seem to be made to push crowds throughout the ship vs. centralize them to a few distinct areas, which for us, was more preferable.  Favs spots that I had on Harmony weren't the same on Odyssey like the pub (smaller, odd shaped, loud (live music), and not as busy (I was on a 8-day cruise between Thanksgiving and Christmas and the cruise had a lot of retirees not looking to stay out late).

I felt Two70 show "The Book" was odd and I didn't feel it and left about 20 mins into the show.  

Later in the cruise, I discovered the upstairs to the Music Hall and felt that would have been my spot if I found it earlier.  Every time we went to check it out, we went in on Deck 3 and the music wasn't to our liking - the deck plans don't show it on Deck 4 but the upstairs portion has the pool tables, overlooks the music venue, had a large bar and comfortable lounge seating.  We only used it on the last two nights sadly. 

We have eaten at Giovanni's on both Odyssey and Oasis - the experience was pretty much the same...good food and too much of it! 😄   I do like how Giovanni's was set-up on Odyssey as it was more open and casual vs. closed in, dark, and formal on Oasis.  But the experience with the servers and the quality was on par between the two. We also have Giovanni's scheduled for a lunch on this sailing.  

We are hitting the Mason Jar for lunch on embarkation day...we will be driving in and won't likely eat breakfast prior to heading to the ship so a nice Mother's Day Sunday brunch will fit the bill perfectly while waiting for rooms to be ready.

• 1 month later...