Star Class Royal Genie & Specialty Dining Reservations

NR1987

We're going to be experiencing Star Class with the Royal Genie in December on Symphony of the Seas.  A part of the package indicated that we get speciality dining included.  How do the reservations work? Should we wait until the Royal Genie contacts us prior to sailing?  If we request specific restaurants and times, will these be honoured?

What has been your experience? Were you ever denied a restaurant reservation because it was full as a Star Class guest?

Enjoy the sailing and Star Class!!!!

The simple answer to you questions is yes, just let the Genie do the planning.  That is one of the bonuses of having the Genie.  They should have access to pretty much anything you like and can adjust accordingly even while on the ship.  

There are some caveats that you may want to do some planning, since most of us like to control things a little more.

- If there are any "must haves" like Chef's Table or Hibachi especially on a certain night , you can book those (or any restaurant) ahead of time in the planner and the Genie will work with that reservation.

- If you like to do some planning and want to have your dining requests, which restaurants and which day and time, you can share that with the Genie when they email.  They will set everything up as close to your request as possible.  

- They will be coordinating your shows and other events so sometimes it might be helpful to defer to them since they are the ship experts to some degree.  If it is a more routine sailing, they will know the best times and days for the different venues. 

Your Genie will pretty much set up everything.  Food, show reservations, whatever.  They'll typically ask what time you prefer to dine.  I let them do all of it, and once I'm sent their plan will make any modifications via email before sailing.  I can't take specialty dining 7 nights in a row (food coma territory)... so I'll usually ask for some of those reservations to be switched out for CK, which has a lighter menu.

You can also modify it on-the-fly once you're onboard.  Seems like all Genies use WhatsApp by default,  so you may want to install that on your phone ahead of time.