New Wine Bottle Per Adult Policy

Has anybody experienced any changes with the new wine bottle per adult policy, replacing 2 bottles per stateroom, to 1 bottle per adult? Honestly, seems like silly semantics to me.

However, do my wife and I have to carry our own individual bottles onboard? We often run the drop off, people, bags at curb and park the car drill, leading half our party to board slightly ahead of the other. Do we really need to ensure that each one of us carry the bottle in our carryon? Or can she or I just carry the allotted amount for each adult in one of our carryon bags. 

3 hours ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

Has anybody experienced any changes with the new wine bottle per adult policy, replacing 2 bottles per stateroom, to 1 bottle per adult? Honestly, seems like silly semantics to me.

However, do my wife and I have to carry our own individual bottles onboard? We often run the drop off, people, bags at curb and park the car drill, leading half our party to board slightly ahead of the other. Do we really need to ensure that each one of us carry the bottle in our carryon? Or can she or I just carry the allotted amount for each adult in one of our carryon bags. 

In theory, yes you should each carry your own individual bottles now.  No, there haven't been many (any?) reports of enforcement yet since the policy is so new.

But the policy seems to have been changed because of situations like yours where people in the same stateroom board at different times.  Previously your wife could bring 2 bottles and says "my husband is parking the car.  he'll board later without wine."  and then you'd board and also carry 2 bottles saying "my wife already boarded without wine" and look at that you've brought 4 bottles for the stateroom.  Now, if each adult carries their own one bottle, you still end up with 2 bottles per stateroom for a couple.  Cabins with more than 2 adults can be happy because they can now officially bring more wine.  Cabins with only 1 adult won't be happy because they get restricted.

47 minutes ago, Atlantix2000 said:

In theory, yes you should each carry your own individual bottles now.  No, there haven't been many (any?) reports of enforcement yet since the policy is so new.

But the policy seems to have been changed because of situations like yours where people in the same stateroom board at different times.  Previously your wife could bring 2 bottles and says "my husband is parking the car.  he'll board later without wine."  and then you'd board and also carry 2 bottles saying "my wife already boarded without wine" and look at that you've brought 4 bottles for the stateroom.  Now, if each adult carries their own one bottle, you still end up with 2 bottles per stateroom for a couple.  Cabins with more than 2 adults can be happy because they can now officially bring more wine.  Cabins with only 1 adult won't be happy because they get restricted.

So you're saying people were routinely boarding with four bottles per stateroom!? No way! 

43 minutes ago, CruiseRoyalDad said:

So you're saying people were routinely boarding with four bottles per stateroom!? No way! 

At the risk of responding to sarcasm...absolutely!  Since the security guards are just screening without checking your cabin number or recording who brought wine, it was very easy to break the rule.  One bottle per adult is super easy to enforce and requires no extra paperwork to get close to the originally intended limit.  Actual effect still to be seen...