Luggage Drop - Tampa

DDaley

How early are porters actively accepting new luggage on embarkation day? I know passengers can’t arrive until boarding time, but can I free myself of the suitcases any earlier than that?  The previous cruise should be docked at 7am. 

We are boarding at 11:30am and I can’t help but notice the Florida Aquarium right next door to the terminal. Would love to hand the bags off and pop over to the aquarium to waste time before boarding. Normally I would bring the bags to the Hampton Inn that’s nearby and tip the bellman handsomely for stowing them, but if I can skip this step that’d be handy! 

You should be able to because there are porters there to help the disembarking passengers. The terminal is warehousey and there is a roll up door in about the middle. It depends on the traffic that day if you can pull your car up. At worst, you can roll it from Channelside Drive. It's about two blocks from the trolley stops depending on the terminal that is being used.

On 3/10/2023 at 6:36 PM, DragonsFly said:

We got to Tampa about 9:30am for our cruise in January. The disembarking passengers were getting off and the porters could not take our bags till sometime a bit after 10am.

Thanks so much! Straight to the Hampton Inn it is. 💼