Newbie questions...Enchantment of the Seas June 2024

Hello all,

I just booked our first cruise for my daughter's HS graduation trip for June 2024 on Enchantment of the Seas with a guaranteed Balcony room.  It is just going to be the two of us and we're super excited about it!

So, I have few questions I haven't been able to find clear answers in my research so far:

1.  Should we request the Royal king be split into twins prior to our embarkation day?

2.  If we prepay gratuities, that is JUST for the daily gratuities not for the service gratuities when you buy or get drinks...   (Also gratuity is still charged even when ordering with the refreshment package?)  Am I understanding that correctly?

3. CPAP users...  what sort of request should I make?  Extension cord (understanding I cannot bring my own)?  Can I bring my own distilled water?

4.  I know this is going to be a LONG 475 days until embarkation day, but how far our should we expect to start seeing excursion listings on the website?

5.  Non-Royal Caribbean excursions...  any input in looking into these for either cost or more variety or scamming issues would be appreciated.

I'm sure I'll have more questions as we get closer but I appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nik

1.  Should we request the Royal king be split into twins prior to our embarkation day?

They can add that on your booking but if they do not do it you will see your cabin steward on the first day and he can change it quickly.  They always put ours a king when I cruise with my son and we just ask for it to be separated and they do that within the hour.

2.  If we prepay gratuities, that is JUST for the daily gratuities not for the service gratuities when you buy or get drinks...   (Also gratuity is still charged even when ordering with the refreshment package?)  Am I understanding that correctly?

The prepaid gratuity is for the Cabin Steward and your dining staff.  If you purchase any of the drink or dining packages they add on a 18% gratuity.  If you purchase a single drink they add on a gratuity.  Anything you give a staff is above this.

3. CPAP users...  what sort of request should I make?  Extension cord (understanding I cannot bring my own)?  Can I bring my own distilled water?

You can request an extension cord from the Cabin Steward.  I work on my computer all the time from bed.  I always am able to get the extension cord from the cabin steward.  I am not sure about the distilled water, I know you can bring your own bottled drinks.  I am sure somoene else can help answer this.

4.  I know this is going to be a LONG 475 days until embarkation day, but how far our should we expect to start seeing excursion listings on the website?

I am starting to see excursions on my April 2024 sailing but not many.  It might not be until 4 to 6 months before depending on the cruise.

5.  Non-Royal Caribbean excursions...  any input in looking into these for either cost or more variety or scamming issues would be appreciated.

This can be a answer on it own.  Just be carful about getting back to the ship on time.  Also make sure there is lots of reviews.  There is a separate posting area for excursions that can help you.  Depending on the port don't be afraid to do the port on your own.  Many ports lend themselves to wondering the port and experiencing things without a tour.