xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Sep 24 — Oct 2, 2023 (8 Night Greek Isles Cruise)

Hey everyone! I'm Michael and I'm just opening this roll call for Odyssey of the Seas, Sep 24 - Oct 2, 2023, to get to know our fellow cruisers. I'm from West Virginia, ("Country Roads" "Mountain Momma" you know the song...) I'll be traveling with my 2 besties, and this will be my 21st cruise but my first to Italy and Greece. I'm totally stoked! I usually book my cruises for the ship alone, but this one is over the top! I know the ports are "wonders of the world" kind of stuff, but I'm just as excited to get to do all of this on Odyssey of the Seas. The Quantum Class ships are amazing! I can't wait!  My friends and I will be in Rome 3 days before we cruise and have most of the trip planned out. Rome is full of so much history and beauty that it's almost overwhelming! It blows my mind that I'm finally going to get to see so many epic places in one trip! 

I hope this will be a great place for many of us to connect and share our plans! Everyone is more than welcome to say hello and introduce yourself, here and on our trip! I can't wait to meet as many of you that I can!  September will be here before we know it! 

Thank you for creating this roll call, Michael. My cousin and I will be on this cruise and like you, we're beyond stoked. Unfortunately we'll only be there one day before. We're traveling from The Bahamas. 

I'd love to know if you or any other cruisers have any tips on where to stay before and after the cruise, how to get to and from the port, and any recommended shore excursions.

Look forward to connecting with everyone!

Hello MissNicks242! Happy to meet you! I am actually staying in the City Center of Rome very close to the Pantheon and the Piazza Novona. I wanted to be in the heart of it all. I’ve also heard that staying close to Termini Station is also a good affordable option. My friends and I are planning to book a shuttle from our hotel to the port on cruise day. The train actually looks very easy and affordable. I’ve been watching countless YouTube videos over the last few months and they have been very helpful. I highly recommend watching @HoffmanHappyTravels YouTube channel and go to their Odyssey of the Seas, Greek Isles/Rome series. They are AWESOME and super helpful!  They did this same cruise only it was the 9 night not the 8, with all of our port stops. They used the trains and Metro system and give great info. They looked like they had an amazing time! Hope it helps! 
Looking forward to meeting everyone! 

Thanks for creating this roll call! My husband and I were originally booked  on the September 6th, 9 night cruise, but since we live at the Jersey Shore, we wanted to enjoy September here when the crowds go home. We'll be in Rome 2 nights prior to the cruise. Now researching all the ports. Next we'll be checking out the HoffmanHappyTravels site, thank you!  Looking forward to chatting with all of you on this site

14 hours ago, oufpat said:

Thanks for creating this roll call! My husband and I were originally booked  on the September 6th, 9 night cruise, but since we live at the Jersey Shore, we wanted to enjoy September here when the crowds go home. We'll be in Rome 2 nights prior to the cruise. Now researching all the ports. Next we'll be checking out the HoffmanHappyTravels site, thank you!  Looking forward to chatting with all of you on this site

You are very welcome! Yes, check out the HoffmanHappyTravels on YouTube. Matt and Chelsy are very fun and informative. It was great to watch them on this very trip that we are planning. I had originally picked the Sept 6th, 9 night as well, but I couldn't make it work with my schedule. I'll have to catch Mykonos on my next cruise to Greece. I'm hoping more people will join our roll call for this trip! I love seeing what everyone has planned! I cannot wait! 

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I found this message board and thanks for starting.  My wife, sister and bro n law and I will be on this trip.  My wife and I did a cruise a couple of years ago on the Allure of the Seas that stopped in Rome, Naples, Capri, Barcelona, Nice etc.  HIGHLY recommend going to see the Coliseum in Rome, doin any tour that has Pompeii, and we also did the leaning tower of Pisa.  Definitely will have to take a couple of more cruises to see all the historical stuff.  

Where is the best place to stay that is also close to the ship? Would like to stay where can maybe just walk to the pier if possible. 

Thanks

The Maxwells

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for starting this thread Michael and hello everyone! My husband and I will be joining this cruise as well. We are very excited 🙂

We will also be staying in Rome for a couple night before the cruise. Currently researching all the ports and reading all reviews and travel blogs.

Here's hoping for a lovely memorable cruise trip! Happy planning everyone 🤩

We are going on the Odyssey of the Sea leaving October 2.  I a wondering if anyone on the cruise ending October 2 might be bringing a foam mattress topper?  We would like one and if you are bringing one, we would like to discuss possibly leaving it for us to use if you are not bringing it home.  We have asked the special needs department for RCCL and they have said there are no mattress toppers available on board, but that we are welcome to bring our own.  Since we are flying to Rome from the US - we are hoping that we can make arrangements with someone on your cruise who is using one to leave one behind.  People on another forum have suggested people can tag things and have them delivered to the stateroom for the next cruise.  We are in the US and do not want to bring a topper with us but we very much want one because I have a bad back.  Thanks in advance.

Edited by cruiser 500
additional information

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Odyssey of the Seas - Sep 24 — Oct 2, 2023 (8 Night Greek Isles Cruise)