Studio Cabins on Ovation of the seas

I'm a solo traveler and finally booked my first cruise this October. 9nt Hawaiian cruise from Vancouver.

I booked a studio cabin on deck 6 in that was the last balcony studio.  Being my first cruise wanted a balcony view. Has anyone booked a studio or had an obstructive balcony view on deck six?

Can't wait for my first cruise.

Depending on the room your view will be fine.  I have a back-to-back booked on those rooms in April 2024 and looked at them last time I was on the Ovation.  Deck 7 is clear but deck 6 have lifeboats just below your view.  You will still have fresh air and be able to set on your balcony and enjoy the ocean view.  Your room will have everything you need it will just have less floor space.  Being solo the floor space will not matter.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/22/2023 at 11:23 PM, ScottishRobbie said:

I only just got off Ovation yesterday and was in studio balcony 7650. Any questions feel free to ask

@ScottishRobbie I’ll be on Ovation to Alaska in a couple of months and considering this as an add on for my mom. She is in her 80s but mobile, occasionally may want her portable walker for long treks to dining or entertainment (which I can keep in our cabin). We haven’t been on a Quantum class so flying a bit blind but we are on the 9th floor in this same area so pretty easy to be close for what she needs.  Any thoughts on that room for this scenario?  I appreciate your sharing your perspective! 

The room is definitely much smaller than a regular balcony cabin. Not enough room for a sofa/desk etc. Very close to the elevators, didn't hear much noise at all, it's one of the rescue boats that's below the cabin rather than a lifeboat so no obstruction at all