Freedom of the Seas adjoining balcony room for 3 people.

Martie

We have a cruise booked with RC Freedom on the Seas. Its a balcony adjoining room for 3 people. RC say it has a sofa/bed for the 3rd person. But from what I've seen online it looks like any adjoining balcony room just has a chair because of the door.  We are senior citizens and cant sleep on a pullmen bed. The room numbers are 6326 & 6328 category 5D. We have called them 3 times and they assure us it has a sofa bed.  Does anyone have information on this that might help?

Thanks Martha

13 hours ago, Martie said:

We have a cruise booked with RC Freedom on the Seas. Its a balcony adjoining room for 3 people. RC say it has a sofa/bed for the 3rd person. But from what I've seen online it looks like any adjoining balcony room just has a chair because of the door.  We are senior citizens and cant sleep on a pullmen bed. The room numbers are 6326 & 6328 category 5D. We have called them 3 times and they assure us it has a sofa bed.  Does anyone have information on this that might help?

Thanks Martha

I would suggest your third bed is likely a pullman.  In our experience, unless there is a triangle symbol on the deck plan, the sofa does not convert into an actual bed.  I would reach out to your travel agent if you have one, otherwise I would contact Royal again and see if you can be moved to a cabin that can accommodate 4 (with a sofabed) and hopefully not incur a price increase.  Only other option I can think of is that sometimes it is cheaper to book 3 rooms of 2 rather than 2 rooms of 3.  If this is an option based on price and availability, you could change to having 3 cabins and 3 bathrooms and everyone would have their own bed.

6 hours ago, Ampurp85 said:

If Royal tells you that it has a sofa bed, it will be one. Those rooms are marked with a tringle, indicating they have a sofa bed.

Freedom of the Seas deck plans - Cruiseline.com

On Royal's deck plans, the triangle indicates sleeping for 3 not the type of bed.

@Ampurp85 the Cruiseline website uses a * for these rooms and says that means "Stateroom has third Pullman bed available"

All references I can find for these rooms online say there is a chair instead of sofa to make room for the door and that there's a pullman over the bed.  Granted all the posts and photos are over a decade old, but I don't think they would have changed this.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/stateroom-details.php?ship=Freedom-of-the-Seas&cabin=6328 - Has photo and comment about pullman bed (2010)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/1235173-fos-cabin-6326-and-6328/ - Confirms pullman bed (2011)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/592219-freedom-of-the-seas-cabin-6636-information/ - States 6326/6328 have pullman (2007)

@Martie I would look into changing rooms.  Do you need the connecting cabin type?

Edited by Atlantix2000
update info