First Time Cruiser - Excurison Belonging Safety Help

duvallk

Hi! My husband and I booked our excursions through RCCL for our upcoming cruise in June on AOS. 

I've tried to contact RCCL for what amenities they have for things like our phones, go pro, sea pass cards, etc when we do things like snorkeling in Cozumel. They've not responded and I'm not appreciative of how much in the dark they seem to leave you about a lot of things.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

When we went snorkeling in Cozumel, we were given a basket to put all of our phones/shoes/seapasses etc in and then it was locked in a cubby on the catamaran.  You could ask to get your things at any time, but when you were actively in the water, they kept them safe for you.

Also, if you e-mailed RCCL, expect a slow response time.  Usually 1-2 weeks, so if something is urgent, it's definitely better to call them 🙂

4 hours ago, duvallk said:

Hi! My husband and I booked our excursions through RCCL for our upcoming cruise in June on AOS. 

I've tried to contact RCCL for what amenities they have for things like our phones, go pro, sea pass cards, etc when we do things like snorkeling in Cozumel. They've not responded and I'm not appreciative of how much in the dark they seem to leave you about a lot of things.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

We purchased a phone lanyard that is waterproof and transparent so you can take photos underwater.  Normally, we don't bring much money, so ID and wallet are usually OK on a ship, although I prefer the referenced lockers.

RCI won't provide much of anything though you can sometimes leave stuff on the bus. Buy a waterproof bag, lanyard, phone case etc.  Take a backpack with you for towels, clothes etc.

To be honest I don't even take a phone ashore anymore, Just use a small backpack and a lanyard to carry my sea pass card, ID, credit card and some folded up money for tips if needed.

2 hours ago, TexanTwoStep said:

When we went snorkeling in Cozumel, we were given a basket to put all of our phones/shoes/seapasses etc in and then it was locked in a cubby on the catamaran.  You could ask to get your things at any time, but when you were actively in the water, they kept them safe for you.

Also, if you e-mailed RCCL, expect a slow response time.  Usually 1-2 weeks, so if something is urgent, it's definitely better to call them 🙂

This is good to know. We will be at the Private Island in Costa Maya (which as I look up the location, there are lockers on site, but I'm unsure of the cost)

In Cozumel we have the clear kayak and snorkeling excursion. Is that similar? I know afterwards we have access to Playa...something? And it looks as if they have lockers too. My problem is my phone is where I take pictures, so I'd like to have it close by, so if the best option in that regard is the watertight lanyard for it, than that's fine by me. We've looked into the water bags but have been concerned about it trying to buoy you back up from snorkeling. 

On 1/17/2023 at 12:26 PM, ChessE4 said:

We purchased a phone lanyard that is waterproof and transparent so you can take photos underwater.  Normally, we don't bring much money, so ID and wallet are usually OK on a ship, although I prefer the referenced lockers.

I've been curious about these, @ChessE4. Are they easy to push the buttons through the plastic thingy it's inside? I would love to have one of these but haven't seen any reviews online that specifically address how well they actually work while in the cover.

11 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

I've been curious about these, @ChessE4. Are they easy to push the buttons through the plastic thingy it's inside? I would love to have one of these but haven't seen any reviews online that specifically address how well they actually work while in the cover.

It was ok when I tested it but I haven't  snorkled since 2019 and wasn't good at underwater photos. The pouch has room for more stuff if you leave your phone in stateroom.