xSAILEDx Liberty of the Seas - Oct 14, 2023 - Oct 19, 2023 (5 Night Bermuda Cruise)

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Liberty of the Seas - Oct 14, 2023 - Oct 19, 2023 (5 Night Bermuda Cruise)

We are going on the Liberty in August 2023 for a 5-day cruise also. We were also there in 2018 on the Anthem. We hired a blue flag taxi to take us on a private tour of the island. Our tour guide (Millard Lightbourne) let us tailor the trip for our interests. It was well worth it to have our own minivan to tour the island. We could go places the tour buses were unable to. The second day we had a snorkel excursion booked through Royal that was canceled due to storms.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/3/2023 at 10:56 PM, daddytime said:

Can’t wait to go with my family, anyone do excursions here? What did you do with which company?

I’m doing this cruise October 14 - October 19.  I’m bringing my cousin along.  I’m really looking forward to visiting Bermuda.  the last time I visited Bermuda was on Norgewian back in 2004 but it rained so bad, I never got off the ship.  So this is a make-up from 19 years ago.  I hope it doesn’t disappoint.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from 5 nt on LOTS to Bermuda.  Be prepared for an older ship.  The carpet in the hallway where the staterooms are is dingy & you can visually see path marks.  Food is hit and miss, but the cruise crew were amazing.  Make sure you get the prime rib in the dining room; it was delicious!  We paid $40/ea. for RC transport to Horseshoe Bay Beach for 3hrs.  My recommendation would be to get a mini bus for $7 each way when you get off the ship.  They have the bus at the beach to bring you back as well.  The pharmacy in the Naval Shipyard has the best prices on souvenirs/tee shirts.  You can walk to the beach on the other side of the Naval Shipyard as well.  Look for the arch that says Fun Zone.  They have a little beach bar, chair & umbrella rentals, etc....it's rocky to the left facing the water, but nice & sandy on the right.  It will cost you to get in.  I'm not sure how much because it was only $5 for us because we didn't get there until 5:00 & they close at 7:00.  If you decide to go to St. Georges, take the ferry!  We took the bus there and it was a 2.5hr drive; nice tour of the island but too much time wasted.  With all that said, Bermuda is absolutely beautiful.  Have fun & don't sweat the small stuff.  Best wishes on your cruise!

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Liberty of the Seas - Oct 14, 2023 - Oct 19, 2023 (5 Night Bermuda Cruise)