Unlink Reservations or Remove Guests from Cruise Panner?

Iluv4n6

How can we remove a guest from cruise planner reservations for dining, shore excursions, etc.?  The RC website is not allowing us to make a reservation for another couple that I was able to add as guests.  Yesterday, we received the error message that they are either using another currency (not true) or have a different group ID (may be true) which prevented me from making any reservations for both couples.  I just logged back in while we were on the phone with the other couple to make our own individual reservations for the same specialty restaurant.  Problem now is that my wife and I show up as the secondary reservations labelled with this error message.  Our friends show up at the top and I can reserve for them, just not for us. 

I have not found an easy/obvious way to remove guests or otherwise de-link someone from the cruise planner reservation site after I added them.  I think that would be the easiest solution for us to book our dining reservations if I can find out how to do this.

Believe me, we know from experience that the RC website can be unpredictable from time to time.  But this is a first to be locked out from making any reservations under you own login because you attempted (and failed) to make a reservation for added guests and now appear as secondary guests under your own account.  Yikes...

Any suggestions appreciated...would hate to rely on wait until tomorrow to see how the website behaves, but that may be plan A...

Happy New Year!

Hate to say you may have to call Royal on this.  I had linked a reservation in the app and accidentally clicked on “my sailing” do it became “my sailing” when it was not.  I had to call to get it addressed.  This was almost a year ago so I don’t recall much else.

it’s odd you cannot book a reservation for the other person (being yourself) as I just linked my MIL on a cruise and I was able to do a reservation for her.  

have you tried the website or the app?  Maybe try whichever you have not yet tried.

Hi @Pattycruise, thanks for your reply.  I have been using the website for pre-cruise reservations.  And I just noticed that when I clicked on the cruise planner button yesterday, I must not have scrolled down a little to notice cruise planner buttons for both reservations.   So I quickly and inadvertently clicked the first CP button I saw and could reserve for our friends but not my wife and I.  I just logged back in and scrolled down to click on our actual reservation and I can book for my wife an I after all.  But the error message still prevents me from booking anything for our friends, possibly due to them being in a different Group ID that they are also not aware of.  Not a big deal, just a minor snag.  Will ask our MEI agent about it after the holiday...

Besides the error message issue, this is essentially another of my "Oh, never mind" replies to a discussion I started, lol...note to self: just pay better attention to what you click.

Have a great new year!

46 minutes ago, Iluv4n6 said:

Hi @Pattycruise, thanks for your reply.  I have been using the website for pre-cruise reservations.  And I just noticed that when I clicked on the cruise planner button yesterday, I must not have scrolled down a little to notice cruise planner buttons for both reservations.   So I quickly and inadvertently clicked the first CP button I saw and could reserve for our friends but not my wife and I.  I just logged back in and scrolled down to click on our actual reservation and I can book for my wife an I after all.  But the error message still prevents me from booking anything for our friends, possibly due to them being in a different Group ID that they are also not aware of.  Not a big deal, just a minor snag.  Will ask our MEI agent about it after the holiday...

Besides the error message issue, this is essentially another of my "Oh, never mind" replies to a discussion I started, lol...note to self: just pay better attention to what you click.

Have a great new year!

Your travel agent should be able to get it squared away.  It is important to fix due to scheduling of onboard entertainment too. Happy New Year!