xSAILEDx Navigator of the Seas - May 19, 2023 - May 26, 2023 (7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan Cruise)

My wife and I sailed on the Nov 11 sailing and had a great time.  This time we are bringing our three teenagers with us for their first cruise.  If you have any questions about the cruise, the ports etc please ask and I'll try to answer or we'll get help from other cruisers here 🙂

• 1 month later...

We will be on the May 19, 2023 sailing on Navigator of the Seas.  We live 13 minutes from the pier and we are Diamond Plus members. We sail on this ship/itinerary often. We will be on Navigator on February 10, 2023. Looking forward to the May 19, 2023 sailing (and then August 25, 2023, October 23, 2023 and February 2, 2024 too!)

• 2 weeks later...

Orange County is too far away.  LAX or Long Beach are your best airport choices.  LAX is a very busy airport and it has a lot of flights to choose from.  Long Beach is smaller and far less crowded.  But, flying into Long Beach might be more expensive and since it is a very small airport, there won't be as many flights for you to choose from.  The cruise pier in San Pedro is about 30-45 minutes away from the airport.  Plan for transportation from the airport to the hotel (if the hotel does not offer a free airport shuttle).  The closest hotel to the cruise pier in San Pedro is the Studio 6 San Pedro - Port of Los Angeles.  It is within walking distance to the pier, although you could still take an Uber or Lyft if you wanted to.  The hotel is similar to a Motel 6.  Nothing fancy.  The next closest hotel to the cruise pier in San Pedro is the Crown Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel. This is a nicer hotel than the Studio 6, but in the same neighborhood. You could walk to the pier from the Crown Plaza, but it's a longer walk. I would probably take an Uber or Lyft (unless either of these hotels offer a free shuttle from the airport and then to the cruise pier?? I don't know.) Once on the ship, I would go to guest services and pay for an airport transfer from the ship back to the airport at the end of the cruise.  It would probably be cheaper than a taxi.

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2023 at 8:17 PM, Carpe Diem said:

The next closest hotel to the cruise pier in San Pedro is the Crown Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel. This is a nicer hotel than the Studio 6, but in the same neighborhood.

We're staying at Crown Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel for this cruise. Is it a safe area? Is there places to eat at close enough to walk to and safe enough to walk to?

The Crown Plaza is in a safe neighborhood.  It is in the city of San Pedro.  There are a lot of great places to eat in San Pedro near the intersection of 5th and Mesa St and 6th and Mesa St.  I live in this area and one of my favorite restaurants is Niko's Pizzeria.  It is on the corner of 6th St. and Mesa St.  According to Google Maps, it is 0.2 miles away from the Crown plaza and Google Maps says it's a 4 minute walk from the hotel.  There are also MANY great restaurants right by Nikos.  The San Pedro Brewing Company, Kalaveras (Mexican food) are also great.  You will find Thai food, Italian Food, Mexican Food and any other kind of food you may want all in that same neighborhood. See Google Maps Walking Directions Below:

from Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel, an IHG Hotel, 601 S Palos Verdes St, San Pedro, CA 90731
to Niko's Pizzeria, 399 W 6th St, San Pedro, CA 90731
4 min (0.2 mile)

via W 6th St

Mostly flat
Use caution–walking directions may not always reflect real-world conditions
Use caution–walking directions may not always reflect real-world conditions
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles Harbor Hotel, an IHG Hotel
601 S Palos Verdes St, San Pedro, CA 90731
straight_grey800_18dp.png
Head west on W 6th St toward S Centre St
0.2 mi
Niko's Pizzeria
399 W 6th St, San Pedro, CA 90731

• 5 weeks later...

I was just informed by my travel agent that we could not pre book entertainment reservations as we have done on previous Royal Caribbean cruises. We are Diamond with Royal Caribbean and have booked a Grand Suite for this cruise (my husband’s 80th birthday). Does anyone know what shows there are on this cruise and if because we have booked a suite we will be guaranteed a reservation? Thank you for any information.

3 hours ago, DinaGNV said:

I was just informed by my travel agent that we could not pre book entertainment reservations as we have done on previous Royal Caribbean cruises. We are Diamond with Royal Caribbean and have booked a Grand Suite for this cruise (my husband’s 80th birthday). Does anyone know what shows there are on this cruise and if because we have booked a suite we will be guaranteed a reservation? Thank you for any information.

Shows on Navigator do not need reservations, as far as I can remember.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I think Showgirls is still on this ship (check a recent cruise compass for what shows are on board lately).

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass?ship=280

We are Diamond Plus and we live 13 minutes from the pier in San Pedro.  Needless to say, we cruise on Navigator a lot. You are correct that you cannot pre-book entertainment on Navigator.  But, since you are staying in a grand suite, premium seating will be reserved for you for all shows.  You will find Showgirls in the theater and you will find iSkate (ice skating show) in Sudio B.  

• 3 weeks later...

Got on Navigator today for a B2B. Boarding was easy just line up by your reservation time ours was 10:30 on the ship by 10:45 at windjammer at 11. Rooms are ready at 1pm. bags got to the room at 3:30  No reservations for shows just arrive 15 mins early they said

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Navigator of the Seas - May 19, 2023 - May 26, 2023 (7 Night Cabo, Vallarta & Mazatlan Cruise)