Cozumel Cavern and Cenote Swim Combo

ListenLinda

I'm sure the water will be fine. A wet suit would be over kill. Perhaps a skin (1 or 1.5mm) would be good for sun protection.

Every cenote is different. I have SCUBA dove in some of the caves. These 'sink holes' are pools of water in the jungle and the surface area varies. The edges are rough, porous rock cliffs that are surrounded by jungle. There are some that are developed with zip lines overhead, floating swim docks, picknik areas and so on. I highly suspect this is what RC will take you to.

As far as 9 hours, you will probably spend an hour or more getting there and another coming back. Most of these excursions come with lunch. Its not uncommon that along the way you get dropped off for a bit of shopping along the way.

So it will be an adventurous day with a lot of activities to keep you busy.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Linda I am going to Cozumel on a cruise next month. 

Mostof the cenote action is in Playa Carmen a 45 minute ferry ride away. That's why the trips are so long.

The main tourist cenote on Cozumel island is Jade Cavern. You need to get there via jeep or ATV, and I have read that it has a very strong sulfur smell and "a lot of bat poop". I decided to take a pass.

But I guess I would decide if you want to go all the way to playa del carmen.

I havent been to all the places in and around PC that have cenotes but there are a ton of them.

Another suggestion if you are crossing the water, Tulum is close and has a nice combination of significant and you can walk from the ruins right down to the beach. That was one of my favorite mexico moments last time I went.