Nassau and Grand Bahama

AandD

We have a cruise in early December that will stop at both Grand Bahama and Nassau. We would like to walk over and see the Queens staircase. But I have read that crime may be up in that area of Nassau. Anybody been there recently?  Has anybody done the Nassau Highlights excursion thru Royal? And any suggestions on Grand Bahama beaches or Royal excursions on Grand Bahama?  Thanks

Sailing the 8-night Enchantment leaving Dec 1? Us, too.

We haven't planned out either of the Bahamian stops yet. I'm thinking we'll hit (probably walk to) John Watling's Distillery. And maybe walk a tour of Parliament Square, Queen’s Staircase, and Fort Fincastle as recommended at https://www.pedalgoa.com/travel/cruise/things-to-do-nassau-bahamas-cruise-port/

As for safety, hadn't even considered it. 😕 Maybe we'll see if anyone else is interested in walking those plus the distillery with us for some safety in numbers??

As for Freeport... 🤷‍♂️ Not a clue. Maybe that'll be our beach day. (I'm really only good for one per cruise, as a not-a-beach-person.)

The only other thing I've thought to do is perhaps visit a fire station. It's a vollie-FF thing...

11 hours ago, Jipis said:

Sailing the 8-night Enchantment leaving Dec 1? Us, too.

We haven't planned out either of the Bahamian stops yet. I'm thinking we'll hit (probably walk to) John Watling's Distillery. And maybe walk a tour of Parliament Square, Queen’s Staircase, and Fort Fincastle as recommended at https://www.pedalgoa.com/travel/cruise/things-to-do-nassau-bahamas-cruise-port/

As for safety, hadn't even considered it. 😕 Maybe we'll see if anyone else is interested in walking those plus the distillery with us for some safety in numbers??

As for Freeport... 🤷‍♂️ Not a clue. Maybe that'll be our beach day. (I'm really only good for one per cruise, as a not-a-beach-person.)

The only other thing I've thought to do is perhaps visit a fire station. It's a vollie-FF thing...

We are on the Serenade on the 3rd, else I would hook up with you. Thanks, anyway