October 20-29 Enchantment of the Seas questions

Katelyn

My fiancé and I are going on Enchantment of the Seas October 20-29 leaving from Baltimore for our honeymoon. We are so excited as this is his first cruise and my first cruise without family. It’s been yearssss since I’ve cruised, I was a child. So I don’t know or remember much about things, and now everything is different with Covid. 

I’m starting to get anxious about the whole negative Covid test requirement thing and wondering where you all got yours from? I’ve been trying to check with local pharmacies but it seems my only option are Urgent Cares with a copay but they only schedule a few days at a time. I’ve been seeing stuff about the eMed kits but now I’m worried it’s too late as we are 8 days away. Any recommendations on what we should do or go for this? If you ordered the eMed kits how long did they take to ship?

We also found a website called Rapid Test & Trace that is a proctored at home test like the eMad kits. Has anyone used this before? Just want to make sure it’s legit lol.  

(We are both fully vaccinated)

Thanks for the help in advance!

9 hours ago, Katelyn said:

My fiancé and I are going on Enchantment of the Seas October 20-29 leaving from Baltimore for our honeymoon. We are so excited as this is his first cruise and my first cruise without family. It’s been yearssss since I’ve cruised, I was a child. So I don’t know or remember much about things, and now everything is different with Covid. 

I’m starting to get anxious about the whole negative Covid test requirement thing and wondering where you all got yours from? I’ve been trying to check with local pharmacies but it seems my only option are Urgent Cares with a copay but they only schedule a few days at a time. I’ve been seeing stuff about the eMed kits but now I’m worried it’s too late as we are 8 days away. Any recommendations on what we should do or go for this? If you ordered the eMed kits how long did they take to ship?

We also found a website called Rapid Test & Trace that is a proctored at home test like the eMad kits. Has anyone used this before? Just want to make sure it’s legit lol.  

(We are both fully vaccinated)

Thanks for the help in advance!

Does your cruise have a stop in Bermuda?  If it does that would be the only cruise that needs a test.
IF that is the case you can order test kits from Emed.com and they are delivered to your door.  The price of the kit includes the proctor online visit via a "zoom type link".  They are 24 hours.  I've used them for a dozen cruises this past year, last time was last month.
Just reread and see you are asking about delivery.  It can vary.....4 business days is what the link says.  I've had them in that time, in their busier season and when trucks were overwhelmed with deliveries it took longer, but that was in January....they "SHOULD" arrive in time.

do NOT book with onpoint testing....they are going out of business.

The Rapid Test and Trace is Legit.  If you want to see if anyone has used them recently you might want a subject/Title change on your post

If you are unvaccinated and not cruising out of Bermuda you do not need a  proctored exam, you can use an over the counter test kit and provide the kit stick or a picture of it at check in at the pier

If you are vaccinated you do not need to test (unless going to Bermuda).

Click on the Health button in the Royal Carribean App to see what the requirements are for your sailing.  The app will be specific to your sailing.

You could also perhaps join a FB group for your sailing, if there is a group, and ask there what people are doing about their testing.

Welcome back to cruising, Congrats on your marriage!

Yes, you will need to get tested. Have you tried CVS through their Mediclinic it is a charge.  We're going to be on the cruise too. Have got the emed tests. ordered them a while ago.  Did you also fill out the Bermuda Travel Authorization form? That cost $40.  Hope to see you on board.