Passenger bill of rights.

Jerel

Yup, this came about after a fire and several other issues on CCL (and others lines, to be fair).

I wanted pointing the finger at Carnival as I happen to like their product for what it is and for the price charged, even though I couldn't say this 20 years ago when I first sailed with them. I was just starting the incident that put this into motion. Also, they didn't handle it as well as other lines when similar instances occurred.

Ironically, NCL has had some major propulsion issues on one of their ships in Australia, but that one isn't making the news here.

I wanted pointing the finger at Carnival as I happen to like their product for what it is and for the price charged, even though I couldn't say this 20 years ago when I first sailed with them. I was just starting the incident that put this into motion. Also, they didn't handle it as well as other lines when similar instances occurred.

Ironically, NCL has had some major propulsion issues on one of their ships in Australia, but that one isn't making the news here.

I know you weren't picking on them :-)

Yeah, CCL is a lightening rod in the industry.  Partially b/c of a few notable incidents, partially because they're the big name, so they get the big attention - both good and bad.

I know you weren't picking on them :-)

Well, not currently anyways. ;)

There was a 17 year period where I did, though. Our TA recommend Carnival for our honeymoon cruise 20 years ago because we wanted to experience a "big ship." I think she booked us on Carnival because of our age at the time and not based on our interests. Having only been on a Royal Caribbean cruise previously, this was an unpleasant comparison at the time. More recently, I have sailed them mostly because of the itinerary and they were much more enjoyable than our previous experience.

Off original topic but On the modified topic ... we swore never to do Carnival again, but after about 10 years had some friends invite us to join them on Vista last year, just finished our 2nd Vista sailing and booked Horizon for next year ... have to say the new/big carnival ships are very different from the 4 night party dinghy's from 10 years ago.

Off original topic but On the modified topic ... we swore never to do Carnival again, but after about 10 years had some friends invite us to join them on Vista last year, just finished our 2nd Vista sailing and booked Horizon for next year ... have to say the new/big carnival ships are very different from the 4 night party dinghy's from 10 years ago.

And no more Joe Farcus designs, which means it no longer looks like someone vomited neon all over the ship.

I agree with you I sailed the Glory and the Breeze and really liked the overall designs. While they don't compare to the larger Royal ships, they provide a nice product.