Calling all Excursion experts!

Hi all

So planning for the trip (4 weeks today!!) and I wanted to know if anyone has info on a couple of excursions we've booked.

First one is Mayan Ruins, Island Tour and beach break on Couzamel -

how much cash will I need - ie will I need to buy lunch?

Is the beach a private hotel or similar?

Is there pay for activities at the beach like jet skis etc and if so any idea of costs? 2 adults and a 14 and 13 year old as a guide

Same exact questions for Cayman Island dolphin swim and beach break

The last ones are dunns river and the space centre in Houston so that's pretty explanatory - I just wondered how much cash to take off the ship as I don't want to be carrying loads of cash with me - and I can't see beach activities taking credit cards (can they?!)

Thanks in advance you lovely people!

I haven't done those exact excursions but check the description with Royal.  They usually explicitly mention if food is included or if there's an option to buy food. Regardless, I'd bring cash for food.  If you just want food, $20 per person should be more than enough.

Depends which beach you are going to as to what activities will be available.  Most beaches I've been to have locals offering jet ski rides and such.  Never hurts to ask!

In terms of cash, I'd bring around $100 just to be safe.  I also always bring one credit card as insurance.  A lot of bars do take credit cards, which can be better than using up your cash depending on what your bill happens to be.  Visa or Mastercard is best for Caribbean.

Like matt said check to see if a meal is provided if not bring cash for this

Most places in Cozumel take US dollars if you do not have Pesos.

I have done the Mayan ruins and all I can say is take bug spray.  my guide had it

We ate in a small place my guide referred to us that the locals eat in, but I did a

tour with www.shoretrips.com and not RCI.

Dunn's River I did not really need cash except to maybe tip the driver, etc.

Caymans' you can easily use debit/credit cards in most stores, bars, etc here

so I did no need cash per se.

hope this helps