First Timer - Nav of the Seas

Hi

Looking at booking a cruise all first timers potentially 7 of us split

2 adults

2 adults

2 adults + 4yo.

First of all I'm very confused booking a cruise seems so hard work via the RCCL website and getting quotes is hard work.

I've rang and been told that we could get an ocean view room for our room for 3 of us ... but what are the layouts of these rooms some images show curtained off areas between the bed and sofa bed .. is it a family room or just a pull down in the room? Is there anyway of finding a good cabin layout so I can see if balcony upgrade is worth it to have a little privacy once son has gone to bed.

Thanks for your help!

Hi

Looking at booking a cruise all first timers potentially 7 of us split

2 adults

2 adults

2 adults + 4yo.

First of all I'm very confused booking a cruise seems so hard work via the RCCL website and getting quotes is hard work.

I've rang and been told that we could get an ocean view room for our room for 3 of us ... but what are the layouts of these rooms some images show curtained off areas between the bed and sofa bed .. is it a family room or just a pull down in the room? Is there anyway of finding a good cabin layout so I can see if balcony upgrade is worth it to have a little privacy once son has gone to bed.

Thanks for your help!

The curtain is not a full room curtain, it comes out two feet from the wall.

Since it's your first time, I would suggest you go through a travel agent to get help with your specific needs/asks.

The RCL website is great...admittedly, if you know what your looking for.

I would highly recommend using a travel agent, especially if this is your first cruise. MEI is a sponsor of this site and an agency I use and have recommended colleagues to, but even if you use another TA I'd suggest doing so.

Regarding the rooms, the ocean view and balcony rooms are essentially the same minus the balcony, so the real issue is whether you want a balcony or not. Some ships have faux curtains between the bed and couch area; others like the Radiance class have full curtains.