Unlimited dining package reservations

Rfj101

Hello all! Quick question about unlimited dining package reservations. Normally I book the specialty dining reservations when I get on board through the app, first thing when I step on board via ship wifi. When I do that it tells me what the price would be for the reservation if I did not have an unlimited package. I submit the reservation regardless and never have an issue. I see that I can make reservations on the app right now with the same process on the ship. Does anyone know if I can just reserve the dining now like I would when I get off the ship. They do not charge my credit card until I get to the reservation regardless and would not be an issue since I have the unlimited package. Any insight would be great. 

13 hours ago, Rfj101 said:

Does anyone know if I can just reserve the dining now like I would when I get off the ship. They do not charge my credit card until I get to the reservation regardless and would not be an issue since I have the unlimited package. Any insight would be great. 

If you make the reservation now through the Cruise Planner, you will be charged for each reservation immediately.  When you board, you can get this refunded as refundable OBC, but you're going to front the money now to secure the reservation.

On 8/20/2022 at 5:13 PM, AshleyDillo said:
On 8/20/2022 at 3:57 AM, Rfj101 said:

Does anyone know if I can just reserve the dining now like I would when I get off the ship. They do not charge my credit card until I get to the reservation regardless and would not be an issue since I have the unlimited package. Any insight would be great. 

If you make the reservation now through the Cruise Planner, you will be charged for each reservation immediately.  When you board, you can get this refunded as refundable OBC, but you're going to front the money now to secure the reservation.

Inspired by your idea I did just that yesterday. Booked all restaurants now for our cruise on the "Wonder" sailing on october 2nd. Many times were already booked/gone. And Chops on the last night had only two slots left.  Chops is always pretty popular on the last night.