Best spot to see the stars?

FManke

Ok i see you are on Serenade.  The best spot on radiance class ships is usually the helipad, as there will be no light allowed that would distract from the bridge crew's visibility.  other than that, the smaller areas on 11, 12, or 13 forward wouydl be best.  The trick is to go as far forward then up as you can, then allow your eyes time to adjust.  

If you catch it right with no clouds, and no moon interfering, the view is indescribable!  

You won't be able to photograph much though... having a log exposure time to get starlight results in lines not dots!  (the ship is moving!)

Always lots of light in general (safety and such), but everything forward of the bridge is usually dark to aid with night vision.  Even the cabins that face forward under the bridge are asked to keep their blinds pulled at night.  

Those other forward areas I mentioned will have some lighting for walking, but it is usually directed downward and won't interfere if you let your eyes adjust for 5-10 minutes.

Was on Serenade for 11 last Thanksgiving.  It was a great time!

Always lots of light in general (safety and such), but everything forward of the bridge is usually dark to aid with night vision.  Even the cabins that face forward under the bridge are asked to keep their blinds pulled at night.  

Those other forward areas I mentioned will have some lighting for walking, but it is usually directed downward and won't interfere if you let your eyes adjust for 5-10 minutes.

Was on Serenade for 11 last Thanksgiving.  It was a great time!

I'm excited to here that! Had seen some mixed reviews about her being old and in need of a little TLC. Thanks