Belkin Charger/Outlet

I have this one....and unfortunately, it has a surge protector so it is NOT allowed.  I have never had it confiscated but technically it's prohibited b/c of the surge protector

The only way to be sure that your unit is legal is if it does NOT have the third prong (ground).  If it does not have the third prong, it cannot have a surge protector.

I have this one....and unfortunately, it has a surge protector so it is NOT allowed.  I have never had it confiscated but technically it's prohibited b/c of the surge protector

The only way to be sure that your unit is legal is if it does NOT have the third prong (ground).  If it does not have the third prong, it cannot have a surge protector.

Thanks!

I have this one.  Wouldn't be an issue bringing onboard right?

https://i.stack.imgur.com/zAFmR.jpg

Should be fine - just be sure you only use it with dual voltage items.  Most phone and laptop chargers are now dual voltage, plenty of other items are - but not everything.  Check the labelling.  You're looking for 110-220v input (or anything around that range).

https://www.amazon.com/360-Electrical-36053-Protector-Rotating/dp/B00C0QEUCG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489102101&sr=8-2&keywords=360+electrical

This is the one I have, came recommended by monorailmedic. It has two swiveling outlets and two USB ports and it small so it doesn't take up a lot of room.

Candie

It actually says it has a surge protector built in.  If so, then technically it's not allowed.  Most USB chargers will have surge suppression, which isn't an issue.  The issue is with surge suppression on the outlets themselves.

Should be fine - just be sure you only use it with dual voltage items.  Most phone and laptop chargers are now dual voltage, plenty of other items are - but not everything.  Check the labelling.  You're looking for 110-220v input (or anything around that range).

We are really only going to be charging our phones and Fitbits, may not even need extra outlets!