One person in a two person party tested positive-- what happens now?

marsbar

Hello! Our cruise sets sail in a few days and one person in our two person party has tested positive and can no longer attend (they work long hours in a hospital, pretty high risk of exposure so we're disappointed but not surprised). I'm a bit confused as to what happens now, and have a few specific questions I would love to get your opinions on.

We don't live together and planned to meet at the port, so the second person is not at risk of being positive.

Can the second person still travel given that they provide a negative test? 

Will the second person be charged a single occupancy room?

Will the person who tested positive get a refund of any sort?

Thanks in advance.

If you want to still sail, you can no-show the other person. They will get a refund of port fees/taxes after the cruise but no other refund. You won't have to pay anything additional to sail.

Otherwise with an official positive covid test (not just an unsupervised at home test) you can get a full refund for the entire cabin and no one sails.

I see, thank you, truly appreciate your input.

Would the easiest way to go about this be to have the no-show still complete the check in, and then have the attending party member report the no-show at the port on the departure date?

I won't be charged more if I sail then, even without the other person there? I just want to avoid any surprise charges-- we're splitting costs and I don't have as much of a budget as my hospital-working-friend, haha.