just booked 4th cruise...is oasis too big?

Hi everyone! I am trying the "save and book way early approach" and have booked on oasis for March 2018. My first cruise was vision, the 2nd on freedom and the 3rd on adventure (pre-upgrades). Im worried that oasis will be so packed (esp. on the sun deck on sea days) and that we won't feel we ate on a "ship". I did book an outdoor cabin for my hubby who likes shade and not so many crowds. Can people give me info on oasis vs freedom class? I like this itinerary (st maarten, san juan and labadee) but it's not amazing and there is a Freedom sailing for cheaper (out of ft laud so airfare will be more). Im curious for trying the big ship but is it worth it? I more it's subjective but I'd love opinions. Thanks! Jane

I've done both small and large ships. My sailing just before the Allure was on Serenade (Radiance class) and before that the Liberty (Freedom class). While I did fear crowds, I didn't find that it was any more crowded than the other ships except for the Windjammer. However, even with the crowds,I enjoyed the Windjammer more on the Allure as they held you at the entrance until they had a table for you. In the end, we spent less time overall as we didn't have to hunt for tables.

Keep in mind that the ship is much larger and designed to handle the crowds. For example, there are two Flow Riders, at least for or five different places to eat breakfast and lunch that are complimentary, etc.

It's pretty common to hear of folks that want to try the Oasis class express concern about crowding on these ships.  I can tell you from experience that RC manages crowds extremely well on Oasis class ships.

In short, the ships were designed with crowds in mind.  RC knew they could not use the conventional cruise ship model for a ship the size of the Oasis class, so they designed neighborhoods to help break up crowds. In addition, they offer a lot of activities and entertainment which further disperses crowds. 

Frankly, I would not characterize the pool crowding situation to be any worse than Freedom or Voyager class ships.