Labadee street vendors

linlou

Hi, Did anyone else find that the Labadee street vendors (locals) were extremely rude, would take No for an answer? They put a lot of effort into trying to entice you from other booths in order to get you to buy from their booth.

It was a very uncomfortable experience. I have been to the Mexico border towns and the Hattians make the Mexico towns look like armatures.

It was not a fun experience.  Royal Caribbean should "dial them back a bit". That was no fun!!

We were there July 8th. 2022

13 hours ago, linlou said:

Hi, Did anyone else find that the Labadee street vendors (locals) were extremely rude, would take No for an answer? They put a lot of effort into trying to entice you from other booths in order to get you to buy from their booth.

It was a very uncomfortable experience. I have been to the Mexico border towns and the Hattians make the Mexico towns look like armatures.

It was not a fun experience.  Royal Caribbean should "dial them back a bit". That was no fun!!

Yes, although it has been a few years since we there.  What we really loved was the fixed price store, not the back road with vendors.  The fixed price store had beautiful souvenirs and clothing my wife actually adored (unfortunately, it is gone because Royal lost her suitcase).  So I would check out that store on your next trip.  I think it is actually a cooperative -- different local artisans.

23 hours ago, linlou said:

Some seller were 100% like that but there were also many that were very chill. Me and my wife would only go and buy from stalls that were not rude and pushy. It seemed like the others picked up on it (but not all) and turned the hard sell way down so we would look around and buy.

Yes the vendors in the "Artisans Market" are both pushy and rude, always have been for at least last 8 years.

The good thing is if you check the Labadee maps this area is very easy to avoid when there on a port of call.

We like Labadee almost as much as Coco Cay