Booking Late

So.... we like to do the Galveston cruises (although they are really limited) because we live in Texas and can just drive down.  But, our work and family circumstances make it hard to plan ahead.  If I book at the last minute, can I still get good cabin and shore excursion options?  Will I pay more or less?  We usually do the Junior Suite.  Will it be sold out?

I see many here who have cruises planned well over a year in advance.  There's no way we can to that.   Too many variables with overseas family, new grand babies, work commitments, etc.

Thanks friends

It really depends on the sailing. I've booked cruises only a couple of weeks out and got a cabin I wanted and others almost two years out. Even in the latter, a week after bookings opened up some of the cabins were in limited supply. Given that this is a year-round port for the ship, you should be okay if you're somewhat flexible and can book at least two, preferably three, months in advance. The closer it gets to sailing, the harder it will be, especially around holidays and school breaks.

There's no promises eitherway, but in my experience, booking last minute will almost certainly limit the amount of staterooms you can choose between.  Pricing can be a toss-up. RC's cruises sell out more often than not these days, so it would be my expectation that you pay more than if you booked the same room 12-24 months earlier.

A big factor is when you are cruising.  If you want to cruise during the school year when many do not choose to cruise (January, first two weeks of December, September, etc), you may find good last-minute prices.  

How good or bad a deal this will be really depends on you and your flexibility.