Confused about specialty dining times

I'll be on Navigator from 11/25 to 11/28 on a 3 night to Ensenada.

I'm considering the UDP, but am a bit confused on the hours of operation for the specialty dining restaurants.

Looking at past cruise compasses, it shows Jamie's as the only specialty restaurant open for lunch on day 1. It shows Jamie's and Hooked as the only specialty restaurants open for lunch on day 2. Day 3 none for lunch.

I've read on many different forums, Reddit, cruise sites, etc that Chops, Izumi, etc are open on sea days. Is that not the case for shorter cruises like mine?

Also, to fuel more confusion, the cruise planner itself is selling lunch packages at Chops, Izumi, Hooked, and Jamie's.

Can anybody with experience clarify here?

Also, Day 2 is formal night. Does the MDR give out free lobster or is there still a charge?

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

There is usually no complimentary lobster night on short sailings.  Formal night will likely be called "Dress Your Best".

Here is the funny thing about the "dressed to impress" night....Crew on the Ovation referred to the "Dressed to Impress" night as the second formal night and free lobster was only on the menu for that night.  

But for 3 day cruises, things may differ.

1 hour ago, CruisingNewb said:

Here is the funny thing about the "dressed to impress" night....Crew on the Ovation referred to the "Dressed to Impress" night as the second formal night and free lobster was only on the menu for that night.  

But for 3 day cruises, things may differ.

Yeah, 3 and 4 day (possibly 5 and 6 day as well, but I've not sailed those) only have one of those nights.