Frustrations with air to sea program

Why did Royal ever give up choice air. That was so easy to work with.  There is no flexibility with their current online program (air 2 sea) unless you're flying r/t on the exact sailing dates and the same airport. Forget about finding a one way fare or changing airports.  Only choice is to call which they do work with you but it is nice to actually SEE the options.  My main concern, however, is the outrageous prices!  There is no savings.  Checked flights this morning for a cruise and A2S was $1227.  Found a similar Celebrity cruise and chose the same dates to fly and it was $647.  Aren't they the same company?  Why can't they get the same fares?  I did ask A2S and she said they were just a travel agency.  A friend of mine found the same difference in fare when looking at booking to Australia.  These are just 2 cases and not the first time I encountered this. Has anyone else compared flight costs between Royal and Celebrity or found no real savings in booking through Royal?  I realize the perk us not paying in advance but seems like an awful lot of money for that perk. I have called crown and anchor and sent emails to no avail.  

If you search on the Royal Caribbean website (under manage my cruise) you will be able to change dates in the search.  Use the option for Browsing and search for your cruise.  As soon as the price comes up you will be able to change dates.  The software between Celebrity and RCL are different and use different ways in finding flights.  When I call in they can be the same people.  I have used Celebrity air to book RCL flights.  They just made a change where my travel agent (Costco Travel) can book AirToSea flights.

image.thumb.png.dd88aaa3495c250c424504deb95d1d26.png

2 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

If you search on the Royal Caribbean website (under manage my cruise) you will be able to change dates in the search.  Use the option for Browsing and search for your cruise.  As soon as the price comes up you will be able to change dates.  The software between Celebrity and RCL are different and use different ways in finding flights.  When I call in they can be the same people.  I have used Celebrity air to book RCL flights.  They just made a change where my travel agent (Costco Travel) can book AirToSea flights.

image.thumb.png.dd88aaa3495c250c424504deb95d1d26.png

But why such a huge difference in price between the 2?  Royal $1200+ and Celebrity $647.  Definitely not the same company.  This has happened on several other itineraries.  I'm not as concerned as previously stated with the search, though bad, as the ridiculous price differences.  A2S is even more than the same search on Travelocity.  Try it and see what you find