Heat in Caribbean in August

My family of four has our first ever cruise on the Allure on Aug 6 to Aruba, Curacao, and Labadee.   I booked based on port itinerary and family schedule, but now I've started worrying about the heat.  We're from a very dry climate (Denver) and humidity + heat might be too much for us.   I'd love to hear your experiences with this, especially if you're not used to humidity.   I'm just worried we'll want to spend all our time in the cabin if we're too hot.

9 minutes ago, burbuja0512 said:

My family of four has our first ever cruise on the Allure on Aug 6 to Aruba, Curacao, and Labadee.   I booked based on port itinerary and family schedule, but now I've started worrying about the heat.  We're from a very dry climate (Denver) and humidity + heat might be too much for us.   I'd love to hear your experiences with this, especially if you're not used to humidity.   I'm just worried we'll want to spend all our time in the cabin if we're too hot.

I'd go.  I lived in the New Mexico desert (White Sands Missile Range) for many years, then went right to south Florida, it was a big change but one that you can become accustomed to in no time at all.  One more thing, there is almost always, at least a light breeze, which is nice.  But, make sure you drink lots of liquids (I recommend beer <just kidding, for everyone else but me>.  Just in case you don't know, Aruba is actually/mostly a desert island and I think Curacao is as well, I was to much under the influence of ......... well you know, and don't remember Curacao or much of it.  I'm going back to Curacao just to see what I missed. 

Unless you or anyone in your party have medical issues, of course.