Drinks packages

Tazj

I’m sure this has been asked a million times but here I go anyway. Is the refreshment package worth it? We are on the Oasis cruise Jul 29-Aug 5th in an OS. My husband and I don’t really drink alcohol but the family likes the occasional juice, soda or coffee. I’ve read some posts saying there’s stuff available in the suite lounge but other’s said it was really inconvenient to keep returning to a certain floor to get drinks or even soda and specialty coffee drinks are really expensive on the ship. Thoughts?

I haven’t been on RC since before I was married. Now I’m married with teenagers and the last cruise I was on was Disney so not so sure how they work now. Our reservations were made almost last minute because this was one that worked out with our schedules finally.

Soda runs about $4 a piece. Specialty coffees are $4-$5. Smoothies can be $6-$8. Virgin frozen drinks are $8-$10.  The package works on the private islands.  You also get a reusable cup that works at the CocaCola Freestyle machines that have all the flavors of soda, flavored water, sparkling water, lemonade, PowerAde. Plus the package will include bottled water which I think is at least $2-$3 each. Then you will pay 18% gratuity for each drink.

Not everyone has to get the refreshment package, but you can't share drinks with someone who doesn't purchase the package.

Do the math and think about what you'd want to drink in vacation mode. Think about the difference in what you would get on a sea day versus a port day. Consider you will have access to the suite lounge where you can get soda and water between 11a-11p.

Whether or not it is worth it is different from person to person and the current price.

Also remember you can buy now and take advantage of a price drop on the package if you catch one before sailing! 

Well, you mentioned occasional and imho, the suite lounge works for occasional. If the OS is on deck 17, you will be close to the lounge. They give you can sodas and the glasses of juice are okay. I don't drink coffee, but my brother said it was good. If you plan to eat most of your dinners at CK, you can get the complimentary suite drinks during that time. As Ashely mentioned it is all about assigning value to what you want, maybe only one person needs the refreshment package.