Onboard Account question

I have a cruise coming up in Sept. and I have "Onboard credit" from my RCCL Credit Card that I want to share with my family members that will be sailing with us.  If I add them to my Credit Card account will they also share the Credit that we have in the account?  If this can be done, how would I go about getting this done?  Can it be done online or will I need to link my credit card when we get onboard?

49 minutes ago, BigKarl said:

I have a cruise coming up in Sept. and I have "Onboard credit" from my RCCL Credit Card that I want to share with my family members that will be sailing with us.  If I add them to my Credit Card account will they also share the Credit that we have in the account?  If this can be done, how would I go about getting this done?  Can it be done online or will I need to link my credit card when we get onboard?

I can't tell from your question whether we are talking about one reservation or multiple reservations (staterooms).  However, when you redeem points for OBC, you choose whether to share it with your spouse or keep it in just your name.  Whoever is named is then able to spend the credit (it is assigned to the SeaPass).  You can also link multiple rooms to your registered credit card, if you choose to do so, but that poses additional risk to you.  The easiest thing to do is keep the OBC in your name/spouse and simply use your SeaPass to make purchases on behalf of others.  That way, you control how much you share and limit your risk. 

Now if you are all in the same room, when you check in online you can authorize anyone in the room to make charges to the stateroom account, which is tied to your credit card.  We did this when our son reached high school age. Thus, it all depends on how much credit risk you want to take.   Have a great trip!

1 hour ago, BigKarl said:

I am unsure about what you are asking. I have the RCCL card and I recently redeemed my points for a share OBC. I put it towards my reservation. I think a shared credit allows others in that specific stateroom to use if you get a non shared credit it is only assigned to the card holder.