Blue Lagoon - Worth it?

kitkat211

I saw recent posts with inquiries about the Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau.   We've had a couple cruises now with stops in Nassau and the fam is starting to get the feeling that they are over it, and would rather just stay on the boat, esp given it's a short cruise we have coming up.  In the past we've done Pearl Island (only so-so, would not do it again) and a private chartered snorkeling boat trip.  However, I am wondering if Blue Lagoon (beach break with lunch - not the sea creatures) is worth the seemingly longer boat ride (to and from), or should we just walk the straw market and perhaps down to Junkaroo Beach or the slightly further one (we haven't really walked around much in Nassau).  Or just stay on the boat?  I wouldn't mind snorkeling again on the RC excursion but there are no details provided regarding what kind of boat it is (a catamaran or not).  Sorry for the rambling note - thanks in advance for any recommendations including those that have now completed the Blue Lagoon excursion in update to the March posts.

• 1 month later...

We did Blue Lagoon beach break with lunch in April.  It was just ok. Glad we did it but probably won't do it again. It was nice to walk around and see the island, sea creatures etc... Definitely not enough time as it was only 4 hours including the ferry ride to and from Nassau.

We did the Blue Lagoon execution at the end of April. We did the sting rays. I don’t know if I missed the information or it wasn’t provided but when we got there, we were told in addition to animal portion, our wrist bands let us have access to the the paddle boards, and inflatable water course area. But it was incredibly short. We got there by 8:30ish and we had to board the ferry at 11:45ish. Our ship was not scheduled to leave port until much later in the afternoon so I wish the excursion had been a little bit longer. Blue Lagoon had three different ships scheduled to be on the island the day we were there- 2 Royal Caribbean and another ship from a different line. I guess the reason it’s so short is to prevent overcrowding.

I know that the excursion on Royal Caribbean’s planner tells you exactly how long it is so it is partly on me for not realizing it but I have to say the last thing in my mind was trying to figure out exactly how long I’d have to sit on the beach area. I was too excited about feeding the sting rays.

The Lagoon is quite nice and serene but does get crowded very fast. There is plenty of open seating if you get there early. There’s also a bar where you can purchase drinks. The areas with the food are also easy to find.