Onboard spending holds - credit card vs. debit card

11 minutes ago, Cruisin_with_the_Oldies said:

13 days until Harmony of the Seas! Question: Guest #2 wants to use a debit card for onboard spending account. Do you know how much they 'typically' put on hold? (trying to convince her to use credit card instead!) 

From what I recall using a credit card it was whatever the daily charges might have been each day or $100 the first time it was used that day. Then at the end of the sailing it was a combined charge for everything. By the end of the sailing I'd have multiple daily charges pending and one combined charge. Problem is the daily ones sometimes took a week to drop off.

If they are hard set on using a debit card. What might work is setting up a cash account then using the debit card to pay it down once it hits $500.

12 minutes ago, Cruisin_with_the_Oldies said:

13 days until Harmony of the Seas! Question: Guest #2 wants to use a debit card for onboard spending account. Do you know how much they 'typically' put on hold? (trying to convince her to use credit card instead!) 

I have no idea, factually, what the answer is to that question.  But, I have a guess.  My guess - What ever your #2 wants them to hold from the debit card is what they will put on #2's spending limit.  I guess it can be updated if more is needed.