Land/Sea cruise transportation/itinerary

Does anyone know what would happen if we don’t get on the RC provided transportation from Seward to Anchorage on the south-north post cruise land tour? Or do you know what time the transportation leaves from Seward? I REALLY want to go to Kenai Fjords NP but it doesn’t appear to have time built in to visit on the Land itinerary. I am not worried about cost to arrange my transportation to Anchorage to catch up with the land tour later that night. Thank you in advance. 

We diverted from our land portion of the cruise to do our own thing, but we were on the pre-cruise tour and heading up to Seward to meet the ship anyways.

You just tell the guides ahead of time so they know not to count you in the head count for boarding the transportation.

However, if this is the first piece of your land tour I would highly suggest you do not divert as they might be planning on using the transportation time to communicate important information about the land tour. Our first night is when we met as a group and got the itinerary and all the important information about our land tour and you really don't want to miss that.

Thanks for this information. Since we are doing the cruise first then the land portion, we are hoping to divert immediately after we get off the ship and meet up with the group that night in Anchorage and continue on the cruise. By any chance, do you know the contact information for your land portion? Our TA isn't very knowledgable about AK cruises and is not giving us any information. 

9 hours ago, AB Swanson said:

By any chance, do you know the contact information for your land portion? Our TA isn't very knowledgable about AK cruises and is not giving us any information. 

I do not. My experience is from 2014 so it's possibly completely different now. I remember there being very little details given out before the tour.

If you are doing a post-tour, you likely are going from debarkation directly onto a shuttle. You have to consider the logistics of your luggage as well.

The motor coaches for the land tour leave in the morning from the dock in Seward. You would need to find out what exactly the itinerary is for the first day of the land portion. Some don't stay in Anchorage but go all the way to Denali. 

7 hours ago, PatS said:

The motor coaches for the land tour leave in the morning from the dock in Seward. You would need to find out what exactly the itinerary is for the first day of the land portion. Some don't stay in Anchorage but go all the way to Denali. 

We did the 3 night post land tour in July 2018 and we disembarked and went straight to the motor coach.  We didn't go to Anchorage until the last night.  We went to Talkeena and then onto Denali.